My Best Little Model!

Billhyco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out with my Nikon D90 and 50mm 1.8 this afternoon for a few photos of the little one. Really working on composition and backgrounds today. C&C always welcomed and appreciated as long as its helpful and not just "i like it". I appreciate that, but I really want to learn and become a much better photographer. THanks for taking the time to look and comment!

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

#1 love it ( I don't usually go for baby pics) but trim a little off the sides and add on top.

Cute little girl :)

Trever1t said:
#1 love it ( I don't usually go for baby pics) but trim a little off the sides and add on top.

Cute little girl :)

I love the first one too. It's adorable.

I'm on my phone so I'm not the best judge of color but the background in #3 is really an overpowering color. Maybe lowering the saturation of the background or darkening it up will help.

that first one is adorable! Her eyes seem too dark in #2 and the white pergola in the background draws my eye to it.

I like the conposition of #1, but I find the highlights to be just a bit too much for me. I would have used the window light and shot from the opposite direction.

#2 & 3 are just waaay too blown for my taste.

Did you shoot at f/22 in that second shot, to get that flare?

thanks for the comments and suggestion thus far! i'm on my work monitor now and its strange how much the photo changes. I do see each point made and may go back to tweak a few things.

Dominantly - yes I jumped to f22 to get the solar flare.... i love that look!

I adore the first one! Crop off a little on the sides. Natural lighting is beautiful!
#2 is too blown out for me and bump the saturation down a bit.
#3 is adorable but it's a little blown out for me too. Not enough shadows.
Overall, good job :)

I think #1 is a keeper but needs more contrast. It looks very grayscale, with little black or white. Maybe try different variations of your B&W conversion (assuming it was shot in color?)

I agree about toning down the brightness of #2.

thanks for the wonderful feedback! I have since gone back and played around with the two color photos. After going back they were definately too bright and the backgrounds were over saturated. I have toned both down and love it! still having trouble with her dark eyes on #2. I can't seem to get anything I like at all. Anyone care to take a crack at it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back