My best panoramic

Brian_barrett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geog.leeds.ac.uk
Hi,

new member and I'm mainly posting this to see if I can link to images on my own home page or if I need to sign up for a hosting service (fingers crossed here for an image).....

ALPS%20pics%20(11)%20(Custom).jpg

Looks good before it is posted... This is Oldenhorn (3123m) and Glacier de Tsanfleuron, Diableret, Switzerland. I made this from 5 images (i think they were portrait orientation images), but I can't rememebr which software I used to stitch it... maybe Canon photostitch?

-----
Brian

(my homepage) (my amature photo comp page)

Hi and welcome to ThePhotoForum, Brian, nice to see you here, waving at us from out of your avatar :).

This is some pretty impressive work, a pity that it is only so small. Does it happen to be just a thumbnail that will open itself up upon clicking it? No. Hmph. A pity. Thus we are missing quite a few of the details that I am sure are to be seen in the original, right?

Well, anyhow, I am quite impressed. I'm a fan of panoramics!

You might want to go down to the Welcome and Introduction Forum and tell us some more about yourself?

Hi LaFoto and thanks for the welcome. I think I will wander over to the welcome and introduction forum next.

I do have a larger version, but it is 1MB and I thought perhaps a little too larger. Idealy something in between the two would be best for the forum, but i already had these two uploaded to my webspace. You can see the bigger one here.

Do you have some of your own panoramics on this forum? I will have a search for them.

thanks again.

Sorry, so far now panoramas of my own there. I like to see those that others show us here (check out woodsac and his panoramas!), and I can only admire you for your stitching jobs. I can't do that. (Not yet, I might even learn...! ;))

Thanks,

I have to admit that I am just a little frustrated with the crop. Ideally I'd crop it smaller so that it doesn't look like 5 images have been joined but it loses too much sky in the middle, so i think I am stuck with the grey backgound being visable in the corners.

I'll upload some more images on Monday (or sooner).

Thanks, I've thought about it some more. This shows the uncropped image with the crop marked. I was initially reluctant because i felt it put the sun too high on the image (circled top) and because the point of the light artefact at the bottom is almost cropped (circled bottom).

Stitched_Result%20crop%20(Large).jpg

However, having cropped the image, i think the grey background in the corners of the uncropped version is much worse than the sacrifice of this crop.

Stitched_Result%20cropped%20(Large).jpg

thanks.

Most reactions

Back