My best shots ever

Steel26

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been putting together a portfolio of some of my best shots. I would love to here from everyone but I would especially like to here the opinions of the professionals about my work.

some of these shot have had 0 ps some have had hrs and hrs spent on them. some of these I got paid for some where school projects and some were just shots of friends. I hope you enjoy them.

w112fm0.jpg

w143ro0.jpg

w1111hs7.jpg

wdsc1532aq5.jpg

wimg8137fa3.jpg

wdsc7990wb4.jpg

wunec1.jpg

dsc339232iq0.jpg

wdsc1876vw9.jpg

wdsc7322ut9.jpg

wdsc7431hk5.jpg

wdsc7785ia0.jpg

wdsc2828pv2.jpg

wdsc8180rm9.jpg

wdsc8185qo9.jpg

wdsc23221as9.jpg

wdsc81572cp4.jpg

w123ap4.jpg

Again Please let me know what you think.

Steel

I agree, the quality is very mixed ...

A lot of them is blured and stuff.

And what kindof portfolio are you trying to make? Just everything?

Like what kindof photog are you trying to get into?

Bit of a mixed bag. I'm not going to comment on all, but a few thoughts of mine.

The first two have some smudges on the right.

The girl somewhere in the middle:the background, her shirt and skin color are all too similar in tone.

The stump has potential. Perhaps revisit and try other POV's and settings.

Judgeing by the Adams apple, I don't like nail polish on men.

The house is pretty cool with exception to upper left window.

alright. I don't take offense to you saying that some of these shouldn't be in a portfolio. But I would appreciate you letting me know which ones you don't like.

the first 3 and the train are scans from a film print.

This isn't the whole thing I went through all my work and selected the best of my stuff. I split it up into portraiture, urban, and nature. These are just some of the best from those categories. I would like to go into portraits but this was just meant to show my work across the spectrum.

I have gone back and edited the original post giving them numbers and arranging them a bit more coherently. I would appreciate anything you guys have to say.

1 (if orig is not blury).5.8.10.13.17.18 those are the only ones I like and would use...

But idk....

I like the first three the most. Very Nancy Sinatraesque.

Being a fan of astrophotography, I like #8 the best. I would have gone with color, however. I know it's around Polaris, and there isn't much rotation, but it would have been nicer to have a longer exposure.

10, 11 and 12...I don't like them.

17 and 18 are nice, but 18 would be much better in color. Some things look great in black and white, but some things look much better in color.

dsc2966bb0.jpg

there is the color image of #18.

I think I prefer the b/w but do you still think the color is better?

I like 4,8,10, and 13.

Number 10 reminds me of Fruity Pebbles (No disrespect) just that was the first thing that came to mind. Might be because I'm hungry :biggrin:

Most reactions

Back