My Big Tripod :)

blatty86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took this yesterday, very light hdr processing. and no thats not halo around the dishes, the sun is directly behind the cloud. i liked this photo alot because of the sunrays peeking from behind. as always c&c is welcomed
30122_406444373585_768208585_4231360_3227483_n.jpg

Some might say the highlights are blown and there is little detail in the clouds. However, that's a good thing in this instance because it doesn't distract from the fine geometry of the silhouette of the tower. The image has an almost "graphical" quality, like something which could've been drawn by hand. Nice composition as well. :thumbup:

I agree about the siloutte part and being graphical but the sky could've been retouched a bit the blueish ray of light is distracting.

Thanks for the insight. Based on comments from some of my other pictures I seem to be lacking skill in giving my clouds detail. Any tips?

HDR isn't just about cloud detail. You should also be able to see detail in the foreground such as the tower (which you can't)

+1. Having near totally blocked shadows defeats the entire purpose behind doing an HDR (High Dynamic Range).

However, use what ever editing tools you have available. In this instance I'd say you used the wrong tool. Kind of like driving a 16d nail with a stapler. I gets the job done, but not in an elegant way.

I think what is lacking most in this picture is the detail of the tower as mentioned before. The clouds are great in the original.

I really disgaree with this My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit attitude. It would be so easy to show a quick fix instead of trying to explain all the things wrong with this image. I think people who post shots and have My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit should just be ignored since they wont accept all forms of constructive criticism or visual aid. When a poor shot such as this are posted why not allow it to be edited? This is one of the few times Ive seen the HDR version that was so much worse than the original. The original has it beat hands down.

^forgot about that, my bad. yes the original is nice im just experimenting to see what else i can do

Most reactions

Back