My Bird Photography, and Massachusetts "Big Year"

bumpylemon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This year I embarked on getting 300 birds for the USA (really easy if you travel). I then tweaked it to 300 in Mass (respectful) and 200 in Worcester County(Very Good). Currently I am at 307 for the USA, 283 for Mass, and 221 for my county. 2 of 3 goals accomplished. I will share some of the birds I have encountered.

Killdeer by bumpylemon, on Flickr

Yellowlegs by bumpylemon, on Flickr

Pectoral Sandpiper by bumpylemon, on Flickr

Some beautiful birds there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's terrific. You've gotten some very nice shots of many of them, it looks like. When you say "getting 300 birds"--have you photographed identifiable photos of all 300+? I ask because many birders say they "have" x number of birds for the year, but all they gotta do is SEE 'em, not get good pictures!
Your 300+ makes my goal of 100 Bird Photos in a Year look kinda pitiful. I've only traveled outside my state once, but still...guess next year, I'll have to up my game!

By the way: I don't think that's a red-headed woodpecker--it could be a red-bellied woodpecker, not sure because I can't see enough of the back of its head. Red-headed woodpeckers have entirely red heads.

just seeing them is what birding is about...or hearing them. although I have photographed close to all. just not good shots. Ive gotten record shots of some birds that have only been in the US a handful of times. cant ask for up close shots on lots of birds lol.

Most reactions

Back