My Blad is dead. Help me think of a replacement!

You live in the wrong country easily fixed in UK

I checked there. There's nobody working on the old ones. The 500C and newer are serviced by a guy named David Odess, but there's no hope for the old focal plane cameras. :(

I'm astounded at the sheer size of the RB. THe lens that doesn't work is the soft focus. Not something I'd use... ever. :lol:

I hate, when old cameras die. It is like dies part of me. I am sure you have similar feelings.

Exactly. This being Blad the Impaler, my favorite camera by a long shot, I didn't handle it well, even though some might say "It's just a camera, who cares?" Well dammit, I do. :lol:

Ugh, the 50mm for the RB doesn't work either. Great. Good thing I haven't bought it yet...

I checked there. There's nobody working on the old ones. The 500C and newer are serviced by a guy named David Odess, but there's no hope for the old focal plane cameras. :(

I'm astounded at the sheer size of the RB. THe lens that doesn't work is the soft focus. Not something I'd use... ever. :lol:
I will check I'm on holiday at the moment

I have the 50mm for the RB. If I had it to do over I might just get the 65mm. The WA distortion is just a little over the top for me in this format.

Don't get me wrong, I like the WA distortion in small format it just doesn't seem as pleasing in 6x7.

I have the 50mm for the RB. If I had it to do over I might just get the 65mm. The WA distortion is just a little over the top for me in this format.

Don't get me wrong, I like the WA distortion in small format it just doesn't seem as pleasing in 6x7.

It would be wonderful if I could find out... I did, however, discover that it also comes with a 127mm. That might prove more useful. The 50mm seems to work occasionally, but when I was dry firing it, was very iffy.

Timor, yeah, I think I'm gonna have a "service" for him. :/

Gary, there was a guy that did it over there. He even replaced curtains with better material, but he no longer does it. Some sort of doctor (not medical). :(

Last edited:
The 127mm is a nice lens but mine died early on.

OK, I killed it. :(

Really though the RB/RZs are great cameras once you get over the OMG factor.

I hate to muddy the waters but there is a Mamiya 645 pro TL over on the 'pug "That comes with Camera body, AE prism, 120 back & insert and a Mamiya 70mm 2.8 lens (with leaf shutter).
The whole kit is in excellent condition. I would like to get $375 for the whole kit."

Mamiya 645 Pro TL w/ AE prism, 120 back & 70mm 2.8 lens (w/ leaf shutter) excellent

The 127mm is a nice lens but mine died early on.

OK, I killed it. :(

Really though the RB/RZs are great cameras once you get over the OMG factor.

I hate to muddy the waters but there is a Mamiya 645 pro TL over on the 'pug "That comes with Camera body, AE prism, 120 back & insert and a Mamiya 70mm 2.8 lens (with leaf shutter).
The whole kit is in excellent condition. I would like to get $375 for the whole kit."

Mamiya 645 Pro TL w/ AE prism, 120 back & 70mm 2.8 lens (w/ leaf shutter) excellent

ARGH. That's hard to pass up..... So inexpensive!!!!

David Knapman in Sweden @ pro camera repair can fix them,

I will have to email him and see how much it is to repair this thing. Thanks for digging that up, Gary.

Most reactions

Back