My Brand New Website............what do you think?

ndwgolf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
neilsphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am very proud and excited to announce the launch of my brand new website -
N D Williams Fine Art Photography | By Neil David Williams
It has taken me a while to get it up and running but I couldn't be any happier with the final look. I only started taking pictures 2 1/2 years ago as a hobby but it has now become a huge part in my life when I am not taking care of my day job
There's a unique story behind every one of my pictures, I hope at least one of them can find a place in your story. Thank you for viewing my website, I hope you enjoy looking through my pictures as much as I have enjoyed taking them.
Enjoy…………….

Who is your site geared towards? The first thing that jumped out to me was that you talk a LOT about gear. If you're marketing to other photogs, that's fine. But if you're marketing to the general populous, they couldn't give two hoots about what camera made what shot. Or which system you use. Other than that it seemed smooth and clean. I viewed it on my iPod, so when I get to a computer I'll give it another view.

Jake

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It looks really nice. Good work! I assume you're trying to sell your images? I mention it, only because I'm not sure how "safe" your images are. I had no trouble downloading a 1400 x 932 pixel image at 240dpi resolution with no watermark at all. Now, I don't know if that is enough to print a very big image, but just wanted you to know about it, just in case. Otherwise, good work and best of luck!

It looks really nice. Good work! I assume you're trying to sell your images? I mention it, only because I'm not sure how "safe" your images are. I had no trouble downloading a 1400 x 932 pixel image at 240dpi resolution with no watermark at all. Now, I don't know if that is enough to print a very big image, but just wanted you to know about it, just in case. Otherwise, good work and best of luck!
Thanks for the feed back...............I am not bothered if someone wants to take a picture from my site and stick it on there phone/ipad I only have a few at that size as I haven't got around to resizing them all yet.
Thanks again

Who is your site geared towards? The first thing that jumped out to me was that you talk a LOT about gear. If you're marketing to other photogs, that's fine. But if you're marketing to the general populous, they couldn't give two hoots about what camera made what shot. Or which system you use. Other than that it seemed smooth and clean. I viewed it on my iPod, so when I get to a computer I'll give it another view.

Jake

Jake
I guess I just like talking about equipment...............this is just a hobby so nothing too serious, if someone wants to buy a picture that's great if not that's ok too

Jake

Jake
I guess I just like talking about equipment.

Then you may want to have a separate website where you talk about gear.

Jake

Jake

I haven't browsed extensively, but I felt that the gear talk was nicely separated from the photos themselves. I may be wrong, link me to an example then. IMHO, putting gear talk in the blog and separate categories from the photos is enough to filter it out for those only interested in photos. They're gonna look at photos, then check out the blog, realize the blog is not for them, and then go back to looking at photos, if they ever left the gallery in the first place.

I like the site. nice pics.

Jake

Jake

I haven't browsed extensively, but I felt that the gear talk was nicely separated from the photos themselves. I may be wrong, link me to an example then. IMHO, putting gear talk in the blog and separate categories from the photos is enough to filter it out for those only interested in photos. They're gonna look at photos, then check out the blog, realize the blog is not for them, and then go back to looking at photos, if they ever left the gallery in the first place.
Thanks............I keep 99% of the camera talk to the Blog as for me anyway my blog is more like a chit chat diary and a way to link some of my new pictures to the main site

Most reactions

New Topics

Back