My Brother - David (C&C)

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brother will be gone for around a year or so after Thanksgiving, so I wanted to get pictures of him before I don't have the chance again. I was purposely going a little dark/dramatic with these, his departure isn't a positive.

Here's the first in the series I was able to get through editing:

David - 1 by The Braineack, on Flickr

David - 2
by The Braineack, on Flickr

I have a few more to come, and I'll post them as I get through them.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Wish the story with your brother was a better one.

My comments: like #1 EXCEPT....the collar. It's razor straight until the sweater creeps over it. Very distracting (at least to me). Like #2...the leaning in to the camera is a bit of an atypical pose but it works in this case. Not sure how I feel about the wrinkled forehead. Usually I don't like faces straight on--I want a bit of an angle in one direction or the other but this one works.

I think I can fix the collar. I fixed it in person but this was the shot I liked the best.

I really like the setting and the lighting. I think these are real good.

First one is pretty good. Haunting gaze and look to the shot.

The first one is haunting as has been stated...Personally, I like the second best. Engaged and interesting! Thanks for sharing!

I see your brother (like myself) has eyes of different apparent sizes. For me mine are quite apparent when I smile (See profile pic).

You may want to consider some poses with his smaller eye forward to have the perspective distortion work in your favor. If he's anything like me he's probably rather self conscious about this. :)

Awesome pics by the way. I think 3 is my favorite :)

I like the 2nd shot the best of the 3.
I'm completely drawn to to the shadow side(his left) and the different shape of his nose and eye.
It makes me wonder a lot about who he is and I get the feeling there's a lot to it.

And here's #4, that's all for today. I think I have 3-4 more ones that I still want to edit.

David - 4 by The Braineack, on Flickr

I like #4, nature expression with enough lighting. Nice shots!

I think I like 3. I like 1, but the collar happened.... I like the little darker contrast, but I tend to prefer more drama in a photo. They all turned out well, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back