My Brothers Wedding:A Big Ask

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Tighearnach, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Tighearnach

Tighearnach TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey

I recently shot my brothers wedding. And no i wasnt the primary photographer. Im nowhere near that level. However I did take a load of photos and I know people hate links being posted here but im gonna post this link

Daragh And Fionas Wedding - a set on Flickr

just in case there are a couple of people out there who are really bored and would like to critique some of the shots. If i get more time tomorrow ill try get some shots onto this site.

Regards
    Tighearnach

2. Mgw189

Mgw189 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    pick a couple shots you want feedback on and link them. That is the best way to get feedback.

3. fwellers

fwellers TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I took a quick look at your link. In my humble opinion, they are good. The composition is refreshing, the lighting is also interesting and refreshing. Exposure seems very good , nice use of depth of field If I had any critique it is that some of them seem noisy and some of them don't seem that sharp.

4. Mgw189

Mgw189 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    After looking through them I would say get the people to look at you. I am guessing that a lot of those shots were being taken by the wedding photographer when you snapped your shot as well. There however some really great photos in there as well.

5. Prophet

Prophet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I quickly browsed. Good mix of shots. Good use of B&W. I'd say you've got some talent. I wouldn't be surprised if some non-photgraphers wonder why you weren't the primary.

-JD-

6. Tighearnach

Tighearnach TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    firstly thanks to those who looked. I know people are not too fond of links so I appreciate that. Some shots are defo not sharp enough and the noise was a result of using high ISO and prob inncorrect exposure too. I also take the point on about having the subjects look at the camera. However I didn't wanna annoy the primary photographer.

Thanks again for critiques. I'll work on them.......

7. McQueen278

McQueen278 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I actually like that the subjects aren't always looking at you. The last two weddings I've done, I haven't had an assistant and so I got very few of those shots. I'd say as a supplement to the other photographer, you were very successful. Nicely done!