My buddy and I night shots

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by IanRB, Sep 10, 2007.

1. IanRB

IanRB TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    These were taken at a near by community college (he wanted new pictures for his myspace) :lol: so we snapped off a few shots. What do you guys think?
    C&C appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. (me with the sunglasses shirt) timer shot
    [​IMG]

2. GwHizzKid

GwHizzKid TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    not bad, but make sure they are straight. it really bugs me and im sure a lot of people when they see crooked photos (unless planned)

3. MarcusM

MarcusM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, for one I think that's pretty funny that you made this venture out just so he can get his "myspace pics"...:lol:

I also agree with the other poster about the slight tilt that most of the shots have.

Back to the myspace thing - I would think you would need to fill more of the frame for a myspace shot - if these are going to be his profile pics, the ones where you got a lot of the environment in, he is going to look like a little unrecognizable dot.

Nice use of the timer/long exposure and I do like the starburst effect from the lights though.

4. IanRB

IanRB TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Holy old forgotten thread batman! Wow this thread was posted more then a year ago. How did you ever come across this? Thanks for the comments though. I remember taking these, this was around the time i first got my DSLR. Not sure if i knew what i was doing, they are pretty out of focus and tilted like everyone said.

5. kalmkidd

kalmkidd TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    honestly for myspace there cool i guess but i dont like them at all. lighting is horrible, none of them to me look like there focused on him, and the last 2 have a horrible shadow blurr. i do like the background and the stairs and such but the pictures im not diggin at all.

6. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    IanRB, I checked out your flickr, your more current work is way better ;)

7. IanRB

IanRB TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Totally agree kalmkidd. As i mentioned in the post above this is a very old post and i had taken this picture in 2007 when i just started experimenting with slr's.

Thank you bigtwinky, glad you like my more current pictures. Even though those aren;t as current as i would like them to be. Athletics and 19 units a semester and a job doesn't allow me to get out as much to take pictures anymore =[