my buddy the crow

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took another walk through my local cemetary .. look who popped up!

crowb01websize.jpg

DSC_103901websize.jpg

My first crack at shooting RAW and playing on PS CS ... I just downloaded the raw update an hour ago., very cool stuff!

Oh man...Raymond....killer shot. Love the first one version
I came close to getting one on Saturday, but missed again. :grumpy:

nice shot Raymond. that crow looks larger than normal.

JonMikal said:
nice shot Raymond. that crow looks larger than normal.

I noticed that too. Wonder what they feed them in Grimsby :lol:

its the monster crow from hell! i took a few shots of some youngin crows also, but none on a grave stone.. i think there is a family back there, a nest too likely. I am 2 for 3 so far!

the first shot is the edited one. the second is just resized, both are not cropped., 300mm 250 sec, f 16 hand held.

still wishing for a tripod!!

Aargh, you are sooo lucky with this one, "your" crow.
"Local dust collection"???? :scratch: Is that the way to respectfully put it??? :scratch:

;)

I prefer the first over the second. His feathers glisten more in the first.
And then there is this GREEN, of course... :)

Good shot Raymond, may not be a crow, looks more like a raven to me. Ravens are larger than crows and the beaks are more curved. Ravens are believed to be the smarter of the two. A little hard to tell cause the beak is dark.

speaking as a raven, yes, we are smarter....thanks john......thats why i'm NOT known as aprilcrow....hense the name.... :wink:
these are great.....i love them...thanks for the shots of my kin, raymond....!

Ok, bring me up to date. I keep seeing the crows on here. Is there something about crows that we don't know down here in Tennessee? We build people out of old clothes and straw to keep crows away.

It's really been crowing around here hasnt it :D

nice shots Raymond, i like the first :) nicely done :)

Thanks everyone, appreciate your comments.

laFoto.. sorry about my sense of humor.. sometimes I get stupid

Pretty sure this is a crow.. Canoncan.. our resident bird expert seemed to agree on the last shot of this monster from last week.. "Canada's crow from Hell"
Also, after I chased this one around the graveyard for 20 mins, he gave me a serious "CAWWW" when he got up into the tree, he or she was not happy about me interupting its breakfast!. I have seen ravens here in Canada, usually on our northern highways, picking at road kill. They are much bigger then this feathered friend.

deb ... you might ask JonMikal about our compassion for crows in graveyards.. He put up a challenge to Chiller a few weeks ago, and since my buddy chiller has had no recent luck, it snooped into my local "resting place" to see what cawwed up!

please feel free to join in, if you have so many crows in Tennesee, you might come up with a winner!

and btw, for those who think these are two shots.. (Mansi?) they are one in the same.. one is straight from the Cam, the other modified in PS

Most reactions

Back