My camera taking black pictures.

Ghoulun1T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everybody.
I wanted to ask if someone would help me troubleshoot my camera taking black pictures.
I own a Nikon D3200 and i have tried altering the software configuration, used flash and still taking black pictures.
I even reset all the configs.
Does someone would possibly know whats the problem?

Can you describe the conditions, and settings used? As well, post one-two images with their EXIF data for analysis?

As well as which mode you're using.

Here is a picture with the picture and the exif data. The other picture is the same, and its all the same no matter what mode i use.
Thank you guys for helping me.
capture.png

Lens cap still on?

No its off. The lens cap is off.

I see the humor. Can you guys help me?

That's odd. Have you tried shooting in raw mode to see if there's detail in the .nef files?

Have you a different memory card to try?

When i see through with one eye like i do when i take a picture. Its clear.
I took a raw picture but cant see any .nef files besides the picture which is still black.

No. I don't know how to do a Two-button reset.

My mistake; the procedure is slightly different for your camera. From the Nikon Knowledge Base: "Resetting the D3100
The D3200 and D3100 do not have a 2 button reset option. To perform a reset you need to manually choose the reset option in the Shooting Menu and the Setup menu. To do this press 'Menu', select the Shooting Menu and scroll through the options until 'Reset Shooting Options' is highlighted, press ok, highlight 'Yes' and press ok again. Repeat this for the Setup menu."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back