My Car At Night!

jinjoh_ninjoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to photography and last night I tried having a go at taking some pictures of my car,
I was wondering what people thought and if anybody could help me achieve a great picture.
Here they are:
1fcf41461c3bd5cb56152397c8bab02b.jpg

9bb7f1acd6b8a9b96497533455a5904a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments and criticisms are welcomed :)

If you don't own a flashgun, you can train portable lights, such as a really bright torch on the car while your shutter stays open. And you don't even have to find a well-lit car park.

Here's a couple more I took last night :)
bd13340ddbc20e6432061187dbd93e62.jpg

70ecff7941b39cfd886c5ac86e557c7d.jpg

Ooo a little edited one :)
eaae671b0905add40477fb3f85d6a1ec.jpg

You're cropping either too tightly or too loosely, depending on your composition. If the light poles are part of the composition, then make sure you have given them some "breathing room", and if it's mainly the car, then allow more space around the tires (tyres).

As a side note; selective color can enhance a photograph or not, depending on the application. In the case of #3 here, it is not helping. By highlighting the taillights and license plate, it severely takes attention AWAY from your car. I've seen a few examples of selective color that work well, but those are few and far between.

You're cropping either too tightly or too loosely, depending on your composition. If the light poles are part of the composition, then make sure you have given them some "breathing room", and if it's mainly the car, then allow more space around the tires (tyres).

As a side note; selective color can enhance a photograph or not, depending on the application. In the case of #3 here, it is not helping. By highlighting the taillights and license plate, it severely takes attention AWAY from your car. I've seen a few examples of selective color that work well, but those are few and far between.

Thanks you for pointing these issues out, could you do me a favour and show me what the selective colour should have looked like on my pictures?
Hopefully once I see what it should look like I will realise where I'm going wrong.
Many thanks,
Sam

Sorry, I don't do any selective color.

If you wish to experiment with it further, make the blue the only color.

none of the images are working for me here...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back