My car (LOTS!!!)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by photong, Oct 13, 2005.

1. photong

photong Typo Queen

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    2005 Pontiac Pursuit. I know theyre not great. This is try one and try two. I edited some (colour etc. One I tried to take out the houses behind it..im not done yet) This is the first real thing I've done in a long long time. :) It feels good.

I know the first one is blurry. If you have an opinion, go ahead. if not that's fine. I'm mainly just showing my progress.

TRY 2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TRY 1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pixel9ine

Pixel9ine TPF Noob!

Good attempts, I especially like #6.. however, if I may be so bold as to criticise, shots #1 and 3 (2 is a red X right now) have potential, but the car doesn't stand out at all. A diffused flash (I've even used worklights shone through a white blanket) would really make the car stand out from the background and get rid of the random shadows falling on the car.

3. David A

David A TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    One thing that may help...it usually looks better to have the front wheel facing away from you in frontal 3/4 shots and then when shooting from the rear, turn the wheel towards you so you are shooting at it straight on...

Here's an example...

Here it is facing the shot...

[​IMG]

And here it is again facing the shot...from behind

[​IMG]

Hope that helps...other than that...good pictures. :thumbup:

EDIT- Another thing that helps alot is making sure that the car doesn't have any distracting shadows on it.

EDIT 2 - Last time, I promise...One more thing you can do is try not to always center the car in the middle of the frame...you can always move it around.

(Car photography is something I love...)

[​IMG]

4. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

Photong - Seems like a cool enough car. I don't care for the shadows on the car like someone else brought up.

Cesium 911 - You need to use a different resampling method when you resize your photos for the internet. Dunno what method you're using (bi-cubic?) but it's making your diagonal lines all jagged. Very distracting from the actual photos.

5. photong

photong Typo Queen

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I know about the tire thing. It's something I needed to do and said "Screw that until next time"

Croesus-I don't have any 'worklights' of any sort. I don't know what type you're talking about :(

jadin-I don't like them at all either. it was difficult just getting myself and my camera out of the way lol

I'm going to try again sometime soon. So keep a look out ;) And thank you.

6. Pixel9ine

Pixel9ine TPF Noob!

Best $40 I ever spent at Wal-Mart..
    [​IMG]
    They're very 'non-photography-related,' and it's harsh lighting; they definitely need to be diffused or bounced off something, but I've used mine for photography with good result.

7. David A

David A TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I know...sorry about that. I actually used to use FujiFilm FinePix Viewer/Editor. All of those pictures were in my "pre-photoshop" days. I'll see if I can't dig up the older high-res pictures.

8. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think No 7 would look quite good without any of the car lights on and with a crop at the bottom close to the tyres?