My Cat the Owl

I love it as the avatar. You rock, Charlie!

I love it as the avatar. You rock, Charlie!

hahaha... it actually looks like a troll or something to me... appropriate, right? ;) lol!

Last edited:
Wow Charlie, love it!

Let me add to the crowd here and say how much I love this shot, and ummm I think it selective color ver in this case worked, I know that is blasphemy, but what the heck, lol

"As I Wander"

Fantastic catch lights!

Here's my question, how much of a crop is this?

How large could you blow this up reasonably.

Put this **** on your garage door!

Let me add to the crowd here and say how much I love this shot, and ummm I think it selective color ver in this case worked, I know that is blasphemy, but what the heck, lol

"As I Wander"

Thank you! Normally I detest selective color.. but I knew this would work! Our other cat has similar colors to the B&W... and he has lovely eyes too, just green.. not gold. My girlfriend wants be to get a macro shot of her cat also (the gray and black cat with green eyes) and do this.

Fantastic catch lights!

Here's my question, how much of a crop is this?

How large could you blow this up reasonably.

Put this **** on your garage door!

Very little crop, image is a macro shot of one eye ... and this with my 36MP D800. It is actually two images (one flipped horizontally) and pushed together. Canvas size width is 110 inches, 55 inches high... so it would print pretty large! I did order a 15"x30" to hang in my office.

The catch light is actually from a plastic diffuser I made for my R1C1 lights.... very similar to what OrionMystery uses for his macro work.... sort of like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionmystery/4439906788/

LOVE IT! Now I am trying to figure out where I have an appropriate place for it!
I am thinking over my teenagers' beds... LOL!

Sure thing... just let me know if you want one! :)

So, Charlie, what I want to know is how you got your cat to pose? And what drugs you administered to get it to open its eyes so wide? I have two, and the only way I see the eyes that large is if something BIG startled them, and three microseconds later they are four rooms away (or outside, if they run out of rooms to run into).

or are you... the CAT whisperer?

So, Charlie, what I want to know is how you got your cat to pose? And what drugs you administered to get it to open its eyes so wide? I have two, and the only way I see the eyes that large is if something BIG startled them, and three microseconds later they are four rooms away (or outside, if they run out of rooms to run into).

I bet he smears cat-chow on his camera.

Our cats are used to the camera... and will almost always cooperate! Mine will do anything for a snack, or a tummy rub! He is a sixteen pound love sponge. Sometimes he will get between me and my monitor, and will head butt me until I spend at least 20 minutes or so, just loving on him. He will bring me toys, and drop them on my feet until I throw them... and then he will fetch it and repeat. If I ignore him, he will playfully attack my foot or my leg, with just enough teeth and claws to get my attention. He has never scratched me or bitten me, and is very careful with his claws. He will sit on command, and will bring certain toys to you if you ask for them. Say "duck" and he will bring the duck! Say "snake" and he will bring the snake toy! More like a dog sometimes, than a cat!

I bet he smears cat-chow on his camera.

hahaha.. If he gets catnip, he acts so goofy you can't even get a decent shot... but cat chow might work! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back