My Challenge Post...

badazzpanda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I'm stoked that you peeps chose my photo over some of the others!!!

Twas taken on the edje of a HUGE resivoir in n/w Cambodia, the girl was a 13yr old who asked for money.

I admit I was gutted when I got it developed as the background is so blown out and nasty colours... I've another photo of just the reservoir that is beutiful (will post soon). So the picture could have been sooo much better!

But the girls face was a once oly type thing!

But please give some feedback!

KID.jpg

I voted this one. I think you can really see trough her emotion. The expression is priceless.

I cannot recall ever seeing such sadness on a face. I am such a sucker, I probably would have emptied my wallet onto her palm with a face like that. Guess I would never go to Cambodia or its like as I would come home with nada. The expression makes me feel deeply for the poor soul, for that reason I think it is a very good photo.

This is one of those times when content rules. Absolutely great character portrait. Evocative and profound. Evokes profound emotion

I think the only thing that I might have done different would have filled the entire frame with her face. The expression is priceless, and so the background is a bit distracting from that. I'm headed to Cambodia in January, and your pics are making me wish I was there now!!!!! However I'd love to see more :wink:

Most reactions

Back