My children

fl_chic96

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple pictures I took today of my kids. I'm still practicing so please let me know what you think and if there is anything else I can do to make them better. I know their heads are a little cut off but they move around soooo much. I appreciate it. Thank you for looking.

418039017_d399adc43c.jpg

418039005_e5f9f31197.jpg

Give yourself more to work with. When you kake a photo don't get so close that you have no room to crop. Also play with the lighting and pay attention to the background. Good effort.

I do not like the 2nd one at all. I don't like her facial expression. I think these need some processing if you haven't done so already.

I just went into photoshop cleaned up a little drool, tweaked the saturation to make the kids look more 'alive' and put a gausian blur on top to soften it up. I think I went a little overboard with the blur though and If I had the full resolution versions i'd take out the glare in the eyes.

418039005e5f9f31197hd1.jpg

418039017d399adc43ciq5.jpg

I do not like the 2nd one at all. I don't like her facial expression. I think these need some processing if you haven't done so already.

I'm still really new to this and any help will do some good. Her expression was not my favorite but it was the best I got of her today. I really don't know that much about photoshop. I never know what needs to be done and what doesn't. Thank you for your advice I do like the blur.

I love them. What kind of lighting did you use?

Thank you! I used a 24" softbox and umbrella diffusor (if thats how you say it :wink: )

Thank you! I think that is just what I might need. That is the lighting I have been trying ot get and simply can't! Uh, now um.... where did you get yours? LOL

:p I got mine at a Ritz camera....If you don't have one near, I believe you can check out and purchase from their website. (Don't quote me on that though) I would post what smy settings were but I'm not quite sure how to find that.

:) OOh thanks! BTW your kids are adorable. I am going to check out ebay too and see if they have those! I might get a good deal maybe.

Think you'll like this. :) Very similar to your original, just bumped the skin up a little bit and gave it a bit more of a pop. The eyes look great like this, but IMO not too over done :) So you can replicate it... I dubbed the layer, screened. Flatten. Dub the layer AGAIN and increase saturation and contrast. Then I erased the skin away so the eyes and shirt popped. Then flatten and sharpen :) Oh I also added a little yellow to the skin tone!

2ightop.jpg

Ps. If I could do it again,I'd probably take a little saturation out of the shirt again. It makes it kind of grainy :) Ps. LOVE this photo!!!

And the lovely girl. This photo was a lot harder to work with exposure wise. It looked like you had already done more to this photo so it was harder to edit this. Notice the new crop :)

I'm unhappy with the result but it was just quick play. You get the point. I did the same thing basically that I did with the boy. Drool needs to go away too...
3zkv0a9.jpg

Thank you so much. I love the way you made the eyes pop like that. Thats the look I was trying to get because his eyes are so beautiful. Thats what I was trying to show off in this photo. thanks again for your help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back