Website
www.eduardockerse.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Edited in Photoshop + Lightroom:
brightness
contrast
skin smoothing
removed wall textures on the left (brightness increased)
color overlay
sharpen for web

Canon 5D + Sigma 28-70 + Sigma Super 530 DG flash on camera.

mg1965copywe4.jpg

Last edited:
looks almost painted!

I do like the faint cool colours.

Did you do work on her eyeball? Dodging, selective sharpening, etc?? It looks really wonky.. like too white in some areas and the retina (is that the correct word I'm looking for? ) Is not totally round at the edges.. and since the focus of this picture is that eye..

In any case, you didn't mention that in your list of PP so ..

Otherwise, like the idea and comp but just the eye looks off.

Did you do work on her eyeball? Dodging, selective sharpening, etc?? It looks really wonky.. like too white in some areas and the retina (is that the correct word I'm looking for? ) Is not totally round at the edges.. and since the focus of this picture is that eye..

In any case, you didn't mention that in your list of PP so ..

Otherwise, like the idea and comp but just the eye looks off.

sorry, you are right, I also dodged her eye-whites a bit to make them whiter :), I guess I should've payed more attention to it... :blushing:

sorry, you are right, I also dodged her eye-whites a bit to make them whiter :), I guess I should've payed more attention to it... :blushing:

Instead of dodging them, I find it's easier to select the area and then bump up the brightness in curves. The dodge tool is better suited to a large, general area rather than a specific and oddly shaped area.

Instead of dodging them, I find it's easier to select the area and then bump up the brightness in curves. The dodge tool is better suited to a large, general area rather than a specific and oddly shaped area.

thanks for the tip, will surely try that the next time for eye-whitening!

I am a photoshop newbie but how do you actually select a certain item to brighten with curves? Lasso tool or what?

Maybe there are some details to work out but I like the composition.

I am a photoshop newbie but how do you actually select a certain item to brighten with curves? Lasso tool or what?

lasso tool would be one way, if you want to have more precision you could add a layer, and paint with a brush on that one (big brush for the easy areas, small one for the corners and such). After painting on that new layer all the area you want to select on the photo, simply CTRL + click on that layer (area should be selected now) and delete that newly created layer, without loosing your selected area. From here on its just the normal curves things, simply applied to the selected area only.

Another way could be making a new adjustment layer with the curves, and deleting the complete layer with the eraser tool except for the part of the eye-whites.

Those are the 2 things I normally do to select certain areas, I'm sure there are more!

Most reactions

Back