Photos OK to edit
Still beginning, so be nice!

Tell me what you think please.

l_6aa6de0b38cb3fca2489a938af5c8716.jpg

l_649192c7a9a91b273d7e16b3b2da295f.jpg

l_476ce58d8bef0a73d8695f6ec8ac1025.jpg

l_38a354231813ea464e7b65cb64027764.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm guessing my pictures aren't good enough for comments or bad enough for critiques?

There's no need for the "not good enough" comments. Especially given that your images were only up for three-ish hours. Give it at least a day, and then just 'bump' is good enough.

That aside, C&C per req:

1. The would have been better shot from a lower level, toward the subject rather than down onto her, however it looks like you may have been obscuring an ugly background, and if that's the case, good job.

2. Interesting approach to desaturation. Couple of issues; note the cropped right elbow. Try and avoid cropping little bits of limbs. Major crops which don't bisect a joint are usually fine. Also, look at your background; not sure that headstones are ideal for a wedding. Lastly, this image needs to be leveled.

3. Nice image, like the conversion, BUT what I get from this, the tones, the pose, and the way she seems downcast, holding her boquet like that is, "The wedding didn't work, I'm outta here". A good capture, just not sure if it's appropriate.

4. Way over-exposed. At least 1 full stop with blown highlights in the hair and veil, and precious little detail in the other white areas. Despite being able to see her fact, this isn't an overly flattering image.

Overall, they're not bad, however the first two are very noisy (the digital equivalent of film grain) which may be from excessive post-processing or from shooting an ISO higher than appropriate on your camera. Your EXIF data has been stipped, so I can't comment further there. As well, the first two are very mid-tone rich; that is: too grey. A good B&W has a little pure black, and a little pure white and the range inbetween.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

#1 & 3 I would have used some fill flash. The whites are overexposed and maybe to much empty space above the subject. What you really need to do is work on your exposure and I think you will have it nailed. #2 her fingers on her right hand are spread alittle. I think her fingers need to be closer together. Keep shooting, your getting there.

Originally Poster By tirediron
There's no need for the "not good enough" comments. Especially given that your images were only up for three-ish hours. Give it at least a day, and then just 'bump' is good enough.

yeah^

they do seem grainy to me...imo

They seem quite grainy to me as well. Regardless, I like #3.

Most reactions

Back