My Crappy Town on a Crappy Day

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
I love the black and white conversions(?). This is the kind of stuff I want to be able to get in the darkroom! I really liked the bench one.

I like the pictures but, for your own sake, I would make the license plate on the camper less readable before you tout it as a 'meth or rape camper.'

I love them all, what town is that? Looks a lot like Portland and Westbrook. I love the dam pic.

I like the pictures but, for your own sake, I would make the license plate on the camper less readable before you tout it as a 'meth or rape camper.'

Good catch...I fixed.

I really like these too, and I like the way the titles give them some context. The B&W suits the dry humour as well

Thanks guys. The color versions were so flat that B&W was the only way to go.

Every town has a similar locale or locales. Urban blights are so complex and by continually allowing such places to exist, we encourage the problems to continue. Perhaps put your camera to use and find an empty storefront which will allow you to display these works and then organize a "cleanup" effort. Shame is a powerful motivator.

Every town has a similar locale or locales. Urban blights are so complex and by continually allowing such places to exist, we encourage the problems to continue. Perhaps put your camera to use and find an empty storefront which will allow you to display these works and then organize a "cleanup" effort. Shame is a powerful motivator.

Doubt it would help. Where I live has been so beaten down that hope is a far distant memory. But the people are also stubborn and unwilling to change their ways.

Downtrodden? I see character. The coal region towns of Pa have the same appeal (at least to me).

Nice set.

Last edited:
A nice set, lots of character - does the town have a "up-market" side as well, or is it all like this?
I would like to see a contrasting set, showing the other side of town, using the same excellent BW processing.

I am amazed the local authorities felt the need to chain the solid concrete bench to the tree - that for me was the most telling detail.

Nice thread title lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back