My Creations

tahill79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello. New to the site and so far it looks amazing. Glancing at the forums I can tell there is a lot of knowledge here. A little about myself. I am a complete and total amateur when it comes to photography. I have a pretty good understanding of Photoshop though. I shoot mostly sports pictures that my kids play in. They play football, baseball and soccer.

About my camera: I have a Nikon D3200 and usually have my 200mm lens strapped to it. I basically started with this camera since it was very hard to even talk my wife into anything better. Maybe I can talk her into something a little better soon.

I will first start by posting some of the collages that I have created for my kids, then I will get to some of my action shots later in the post.

Thanks for looking and the critique.

Your concepts are good, but your images themselves seem a little lacking.
For instance, in the collage for Addision, two of the three images are underexposed, and the one on the grass needs a WB correction. Bearing in mind that the human eye is always attracted to light over dark, the combination of under-exposed images and the perfectly exposed bright, white ball and line mean that the viewer's eye is pulled away from the photographs to the ball, and travels down the line and "out" the back of the frame. I would suggest correcting the images and laying them out so that the ball and line become an element which grabs the eye and leads it TO the images rather than away from.

In the "One Family, One Love..." image, the exposures on the children are all over the place and there's some odd shadowing around the three wearing black trousers. This and the vignette mean that it's quite difficult to actually see the children. Placing the two in light trousers at either end of the image would have worked much better.

You might think about easing up on the vignetting. Any "special effect" that takes over the image is too much.

Why is it that everything TiredIron is saying is what I want to say? LOL. Keep on keeping on. Apps are great, but focus on the content. You aren't that far off. Good job.

Most reactions

Back