manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
RARGH!!!

On the top right between the Qual and WB buttons there is a crack in the plastic. Cost to fix? $400!!

Fricken camera isn't even a year old, and it's had WAY less abuse than my D100 which is flawless. Annoying!

Grrrr...

lol, I just checked mine as well. never really noticed before but that little bit of plastic right there is really light-duty.

and yeah, talk to nikon directly. as flimsy as it seems, if your camera fell, I think more than that would be broken. or if something was dropped on it, again more would be broken.. or at least scratched up.

I have no idea. Honestly, it almost has to be a defect in that particular piece of plastic. I certainly use my camera quite a bit, but a crack like that would have taken a direct and fairly noticable hit to a part of the camera that wouldn't be exposed to that kind of impact under normal circumstances.

i'd probably agree with you on that one, that piece of plastic doesn't seem pretty durable but i don't see how it could just crack with no kind of impact. i'd be so sad if that happened to mine though :(

this is the perfect opportunity to purchase the D700.... you know that your images will never look any good with that crack in the camera...

this is the perfect opportunity to purchase the D700.... you know that your images will never look any good with that crack in the camera...

Agreed. There really is no other option.

seriously. the op has a valid concern. where's the error in that? image quality was never mentioned.

LOL

I do believe they were making a joke. :)

:lol:

You kind of have to think about it... $400 to repair it... $1700 for a new D300... $2900 for a new D700... hmmmmmmmmm... :)

:lol: I'm sure I'll just get it fixed.

WHAT????? You actually use the QUAL and WB buttons? The only one there that's of any use is the ISO.

$400 sucks dude. Of course if you had the right insurance........... it'd be replaced. :eyebrows: If you know what I mean...., errr, I mean it should be covered, yeah, that's what I said.

Most reactions

Back