My Darkroom

aggiezach

Yup...
Reaction score
Website
jessandzach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I think I've got everything that I need to feed this addiction for awhile!

Here is my light proofed door. Seems to work well, and I didn't want to pay a lot of money for black out cloth (although I probably will sometime in the future).

dr-1.jpg

Here is my enlarger and timer setup. This is also where I develop my film. I usually take the enlarger apart and it stores nicely under my bed :D.

dr-4.jpg

And here are my developing trays. I built that shelf yesterday and it seems to work pretty well. I eventually plan to waterproof it and paint it black but that'll have to wait for now. You can see my first real print washing in the black tray. I'll scan and post it later tonight for you all to see and critique!

dr-3.jpg

Thanks to all of you for the inspiration and the information!

Here is the first real photo I have developed in my own dark room. I'll tell you , its a really cool feeling to see that image appear after 30 seconds in the developer tray! :D Again, thanks to all of your here for the great advice. I'm sure I'll need a lot more if it in the future!

dinosaur.jpg

Its really great to see someone so passionate about photography to go as far as you and make a makeshift darkroom out of your bathroom Zach. I give you props for taking the initative and taking that next step towards producing your own masterpieces.

Out of curiosity, do you find that that mirror gives you more light off your enlarger?

Thanks Karalee! I haven't really noticed that the mirror has any effect on the print. But then again I am just starting out. I do have some concerns about that so I plan to get some black posterboard and cover the mirror while I'm making prints.

:D

Wow Zach! That is way cool! My brother & dad are supposed to build me a darkroom in our basement, but they said that a yr. ago and nothing has happened, so I should really consider doing something like what you've done! =) Thanks for the lil' spurt of inspiration...and might I add...you have a really clean bathroom!!!! =P

:idea: Hmm...maybe if they see me doing stuff in the bathroom, they'll have more motivation to get started on that darkroom they promised me...

Karalee said:
Well if they cant get in to do their business, maybe theyll make a place for you to potter round in the dark elsewhere so they can sit in the "library" and read the newspaper :lol:

Right on!

:headbang:

You are all gods to me. I have dibbled in photography for over 13 years now and I am too much of a chicken**** to develop my own photos.

I grovel at your feet.

hobbes28 said:
You are all gods to me. I have dibbled in photography for over 13 years now and I am too much of a chicken**** to develop my own photos.

I grovel at your feet.

Darkroom equipment is going cheap! C'mon, everybody's doin' it!! 8)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back