My Daughter

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Messing around with the lights tonight and I think this one was my favourite.

C&C Welcomed.

20071014213019_portrait1.jpg

Your daughter has beautiful skin. This is a wonderful portrait. You did very well with the lighting IMO. The only thing I would do is 'clean' the whites of her eyes just a bit, and maybe use the dodge tool to brighten the iris slightly. A reflector on the shadow side may have worked well too. Nonetheless, it is very well done!

What did you use for lens and focal length?

Wow, she is very beautiful. She will be a heartbreaker one day. I love the pose you used for this shot. Nice work.

Thanks guys and gals!

NJMAN the lens is a 24-70L and it was shot at 68mm f9. I agree about tidying the eyes up, but this was just a quick edit (curves resize and sharpen) and I took it just before she went to bed hence the slight bloodshot bits.

Cheers!

She's very pretty, and that direct gaze, those beautiful eyes, and the angle/crop you chose all combine to make this a very striking portrait. Thanks for sharing it.

Tony! I am so glad to see you on here again, and very happy with the photo you chose to post here. She is very pretty (must be the mommy ;) :wink: ;) --- don't hit me with that stick, now DON'T!!!!! :shock: ) and has beautiful eyes, and you worked them out nicely, despite the fact (stated already) that they still offer more than shows right now and could be worked out. Lovely light and yes: beautiful pose, too!
Could you please put yourself in touch with me via MSN one of these days?

Thanks for the comments!

Pete - I know what you mean about the light bit, I will fill that in as a crop would lose perspective or part of her face.

Corinna - I'm talking to you at the moment on MSN :D

Anty, TYVM - she has my eyes ;)

Most reactions

Back