My daughter's "pets"

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My daughter found these toads on the outside of our cellar window several years ago, or rather: maybe it was this big toad that has been living there for years, but certainly not the baby. There's quite many toad babies now:

KrteBaby1.jpg

She is quite fond of them, as fond as she is of almost ANY animal:

KrteBaby3.jpg

Krtenbaby5.jpg

But she was not willing to kiss this frog that we found in my cousin's garden pond, just to see whether it'd say "poooof" and suddenly it would be a handsome prince. She claimed that
a) it wasn't wearing a little crown, anyway, and
b) that she wouldn't know what to do with a prince right now, anyway:

Frosch1.jpg

Frosch2.jpg

smart daughter....princes are over rated....

go for the foot men......always need a good foot rub.....

great shots, lafoto...love the "green" color on the last ones...

Wow, I love the 4th picture! The frog seems so comfortable :D!

Thanks, you two.

And no one says "How cuuuuute" about the baby toad????
How come, I wonder, how come.
If it were a puppy or a kitten............................................ ;)

Well, you can't really cuddle with a toad now, can you :hugs:?

That is something you would want to discuss with my daughter... ;)
She finds them cuddly enough and holds them all the time. Often though, these creatures then take most daring jumps out of her hand and fall a distance as if a person were jumping off a skyscraper - and survive easiy. Amazing, really. But I rather she leaves them in peace!!!

I also used to play with bugs, frogs, and lizards when I was little. Now it doesn't seem like such a good idea :). She's just exploring the world around her. Nothing wrong with that! BTW, how old is your girl?

12 already.
Much beyond the "exploring" age... but at 2 she still sometimes accidentally murdered the creatures she played with :shock:

Hehe, yeah, that happens when kids play. As long as they don't do it on purpose, there's nothing to worry about. Maybe she will become a vet, who knows? Does your son like animals as much as she does?

I thought the real colorful frogs were dangerous!

Great photos but I am not a 'frog lover'
could not pick one up
Pam

Little late replying, but great photos, especially the frog ones. I burst out laughing at his expression! (Do frogs have expressions? hmm)

At least there are animals to play with. I had the joy of playing with daddy long legs, and having slug races. (No jokes). The largest frog/toad I have seen in my area is about the same size as your 'little guy'. Then again, when I was visiting Switzerland many years ago, I do recall seeing a toad up in the 'mountains', that was similar to the larger version. Would that kind live in those conditions in Switzerland?

*stills laughing about the frog pictures*

LaFoto said:
Thanks, you two.

And no one says "How cuuuuute" about the baby toad????
How come, I wonder, how come.
If it were a puppy or a kitten............................................ ;)
I'll say it. I think I did in the other frog thread. Love these guys! :D Thanks for posting these.

Most reactions

Back