www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P1010883.jpg

comments?

her/his eyes are creepy but shes/hes a beauty :D

srry but idk how this is lomo style :)

The eye's. The eye's. The eye's.

If the eyes aren't in focus most images of people and animals just don't quite work.

Here the nose is sharply focused but the DOF is so shallow the eye's aren't. That and the busy background robbing attention from the dog.

I'm not diggging the blue tones down the left side of the face and snout.

It also kinda looks freaky with this treatment... turns a cute puppy into a sort of the "Dog of the Dead" kind of thing. :(

Also, the picture itself isn't a great composition... lots of clutter and such. If this was just playing with the effects, then that's one thing... if, however, you were going for a "really great shot" that might be an issue.

As boogschd pointed out, I'm not really sure how this is "lomo." Also, I really despise the term 'lomo.' I think 'low-fi' and 'toy cam' are much better words for it.

"Lomo" is a product of the "Lomography Society's" marketing department, which has done an awesome job at corrupting the philosophy behind toy cam photography.

I tend to think of "lomo" as vivid colors, surreal lines and representation of sharpness and heavy, heavy vignetting. Needless to say, it wasn't what I was expecting.

And for whatever reason, my photography teachers always told me never to photograph certain things and expect an impressed audience: Your pets, bridges and homeless people. The first one tends to be boring, and the second and third are just overdone by every camera touting dentist on the planet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back