my dog pics C&C

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a couple shots of my dog...tell me wat u think...C&C welcome! enjoy!

1)
3718646029_1932b2baef.jpg

2)
3719455854_cd20923224.jpg

Cute dog! The shots might be a tad more interesting if you used a higher aperture and applied the rule of thirds.

Cute dog! The shots might be a tad more interesting if you used a higher aperture and applied the rule of thirds.

wats the rule of thirds?

if you take a picture and divide it into a grid of thirds both vertically and horizontally. Whatever your point of interest is in your shot, should line up on the grid lines. Basically meaning don't take a photo of something right in the center of the shot... it should be a little to the right/left, up/down, just not in the direct center...

Rule of thirds, golden ratio, golden spiral, triangles, diagonals. Use them, love them, and then break them as necessary.

These are snapshots, really. RoT would have worked, though so would good use of the golden ratio, had the dog been shot from the right of where the camera was positioned (using the tree to add some interest to the background, and partially frame the dog's head).

Simply, get used to using these rules/guidelines for composition. Once you have them down solidly, you will know when to bend or break them to make a better image. (e.g. abstract photos rarely obey any of those compositional rules, and if they do, they probably don't need to)

Most reactions

Back