My experience through SCCC commercial photography Pt.1

Time for an update!

So my second year is going well, I have taken a turn and now I am focusing on automotive photography!

Hope you guys like it.....

First assignment: Dusk Strobe

Assignment: Multi Light, there are three other photos. The assignment was to see the different colors that the different strobe put off that we have in the studio

Assignment: Shoot to layout. So we have a few layouts that we have to shoot for, Im not going to post the lay outs I'll just post the photos

Assignment: Catalog/Magazine. We got in groups and my group is making a technology magazine
Heres one shot

And here are two shots from today that are for my layout

C&C Welcome!

Update:

Did some more shots for the layout assignment!

And tomorrow I get to do a photo shoot with a cop!

This is awesome to follow. The motorcycle shot with the moon is killer.

That's the sun, brotha.

Devin, I have a question for you. I'm on the waiting list for the SCCC photo program. I have quite a bit of experience with the photographic arts but need help with the business aspects if I'm ever going to "live the dream". I've been saving up money this year so that I can get all the appropriate equipment. I hear there is a detailed list of gear required for the program and was hoping you could let me in on some of the items so that I can start getting acquainted with them now. Things like: strobe kit, lenses, body (I have a 7D...do they require full frame?), modifiers, etc.

If you could help me out here, I'd appreciate it greatly. I've enjoyed following your progress!

That's the sun, brotha.

Devin, I have a question for you. I'm on the waiting list for the SCCC photo program. I have quite a bit of experience with the photographic arts but need help with the business aspects if I'm ever going to "live the dream". I've been saving up money this year so that I can get all the appropriate equipment. I hear there is a detailed list of gear required for the program and was hoping you could let me in on some of the items so that I can start getting acquainted with them now. Things like: strobe kit, lenses, body (I have a 7D...do they require full frame?), modifiers, etc.

If you could help me out here, I'd appreciate it greatly. I've enjoyed following your progress!

Hey, so the list changes every year. Near the end of the 1st year the instructors ask the first years what they used and what they didn't use and they re-do the list. Also if new equipment comes out (I.e. strobe kits, lenses, tripods) they will be an option on the list. Another thing, students that get accepted into the program get a discount at glazers camera and its a pretty good discount. So I would wait. Full frame is not required (I shoot with a 1d mk4) you just have to have a 7d or up (7d, 5d mkII, 1d mk4, 1d x).

The first year of the program focuses on lighting. Its not till the second year that we get into business and you really get to focus on what you want to shoot. Its an awesome program, hope you get in!

Thanks,
Devin

Update:

Assignment for the next 7 shots:

Colors

Color: Red

COLOR: White

And I have one more shots coming for white

Update again!

Non profit assignment

Black assignment

Blue