My Fathers Bodybuilding Photos

Josh100LuBu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I train with my father 3 days a week and we often take photos and videos to upload on our fan sites. Here are a few vein pumping images for you gym rats!
2014b4show.jpg

2014win.jpg

1377015_558524347534183_704400686_n.jpg

11164724_823745387678743_1091100935288740865_o.jpg

1Davley%2BHelmsley-Allen%2BOver%2B50's%2BBritain%2BChampion.jpg

Davley%2BHelmsley-Allen%2BOver%2B50's%2BBritain%2BChampion.jpg

warroir.jpg

11025218_10205185589632581_5200355911958732904_n.jpg

I think you could take some great black and white photos with some creative lighting and a little thought! :)
Good job on the dedication.

My favorite is #7. You should try to do this one again and not crop his hands and head, get it a little straighter (i.e., fix your horizon), and go with a more typical portrait aspect ratio. I think that would be a strong image.

For the others, I dislike all of the cropping. For future photos, maybe try to get all of his body in the frame?

Also, I understand that he may want to look his "vein-iest" and muscliest, but a few shots of him without flexing would be really nice.

My favorite is #7. You should try to do this one again and not crop his hands and head, get it a little straighter (i.e., fix your horizon), and go with a more typical portrait aspect ratio. I think that would be a strong image.

For the others, I dislike all of the cropping. For future photos, maybe try to get all of his body in the frame?

Also, I understand that he may want to look his "vein-iest" and muscliest, but a few shots of him without flexing would be really nice.
Got it. Thanks.

I would personally try for some shots at a lower perspective, looking up at him with his head held up a bit and looking at the camera. it would really bring out the powerful, imposing feeling of dominance he could give off.

I would personally try for some shots at a lower perspective, looking up at him with his head held up a bit and looking at the camera. it would really bring out the powerful, imposing feeling of dominance he could give off.
Great comment, what do you think of this one then?
965773_10201052227021099_74821261_o_by_josh100lubu-d8rropj.jpg

steady on folks...

firstly, blatantly inflammatory comments need to stay off the forum. if you write a post, look at it first before you hit reply. I understand the whole "tell it like it is" and "not sugar coating" deal, but seriously, if you feel like it would be unduly rude if you received it, please just delete it.
there is constructive criticism, and there is malicious attacks.

secondly...there is no skill level requirement to post here. just because you feel a picture is not up to your standards does not mean it shouldn't be allowed here. its not like we have a post limit here where lesser quality photos would keep other people from posting their professional quality images. if you open a thread and don't like what you see....move along. its not that time consuming. just because you arent interested in these photos, doesn't mean someone else is not.

im not going to give out any more warnings concerning this, so I ask that everyone please play nice so I don't have to give out any temp bans tonight. I would surely appreciate it.

When I first started photography, people have told me straight to my face that the photos are crap. I'm glad they did. :D

Honestly there are too many basic issues with the photo's in your first post for me to go through each one. Lighting problems, angles, composition, too slow shutter speed, colour probems are just ehat I see to name a few.

The last image you posted is pretty decent though. Could be framed slightly better (but that's not allways possible given constrained angles at sporting events) but your dad looks awesome in that one. The crop fits the tones are good and it's a whole lot nicer and better. Not quite enough room on the LHS as you almost cropped his elbow but other than that it's easily the best photo of yours I've seen.

Honestly there are too many basic issues with the photo's in your first post for me to go through each one. Lighting problems, angles, composition, too slow shutter speed, colour probems are just ehat I see to name a few.

The last image you posted is pretty decent though. Could be framed slightly better (but that's not allways possible given constrained angles at sporting events) but your dad looks awesome in that one. The crop fits the tones are good and it's a whole lot nicer and better. Not quite enough room on the LHS as you almost cropped his elbow but other than that it's easily the best photo of yours I've seen.
Thank you.

yeah, something like that, though maybe angled off to his left (your right), but keep him facing the same way while still looking (just his eyes, not his whole head turned) so he really gets that haughty look; frame him so he's more towards the right side with his eyes looking to his left. this is pretty much perfect though, it's just positioning and posing that I think could do a little better.

yeah, something like that, though maybe angled off to his left (your right), but keep him facing the same way while still looking (just his eyes, not his whole head turned) so he really gets that haughty look; frame him so he's more towards the right side with his eyes looking to his left. this is pretty much perfect though, it's just positioning and posing that I think could do a little better.
Wish I could get the shot again but it was a one off, he was on stage here and the judges tell the athletes to pose so quickly so it's always changing. Zoomed right in to get this.

steady on folks...

firstly, blatantly inflammatory comments need to stay off the forum. if you write a post, look at it first before you hit reply. I understand the whole "tell it like it is" and "not sugar coating" deal, but seriously, if you feel like it would be unduly rude if you received it, please just delete it.
there is constructive criticism, and there is malicious attacks.

secondly...there is no skill level requirement to post here. just because you feel a picture is not up to your standards does not mean it shouldn't be allowed here. its not like we have a post limit here where lesser quality photos would keep other people from posting their professional quality images. if you open a thread and don't like what you see....move along. its not that time consuming. just because you arent interested in these photos, doesn't mean someone else is not.

im not going to give out any more warnings concerning this, so I ask that everyone please play nice so I don't have to give out any temp bans tonight. I would surely appreciate it.

I don't see any comments on here that seemed blatantly inflammatory? :confused-55: However, I can understand that written text and blunt comments can be taken out of context when emotions are running high around certain subjects and members as of recent.

Apologies for posting critique on images when not specifically asked for by the OP. Noted for the future.

I don't see any comments on here that seemed blatantly inflammatory? :confused-55: However, I can understand that written text and blunt comments can be taken out of context when emotions are running high around certain subjects and members as of recent.

Apologies for posting critique on images when not specifically asked for by the OP. Noted for the future.

He was referring to a comment that he'd removed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back