2. (Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8)
0376871_021.jpg

See it bigger here

Taken with the usual Canon EF

036872_014.jpg

See it bigger here

036872_004.jpg

See it bigger here

plants just arn't as popular as critters ;)
As for the shots - 1, 3 and 4 just don't seem to hold much interst as a shot to me. 1 had a nice angle on the plants, but I think it would have worked better ifyou could have got a solid front of close range yellows in focus and then had the focus dropping off for more in the back.
2 and 3 just don't seem too out of the ordinary - something that I would normally see just walking by
2 on the other hand I really like!
The colours are bright and alive and with the background it really feels very summery and lively!
The only thing you might try playing with is the apature - try to blurr the background a little more evenly to make a bigger contrast with the front plants (you could also if you feel up to it, try playing around with layers in photoshop and selective blurring and sharpening to increase the divide)

The flowers are gorgeous Battou. I am waiting for flowers to pop up here.

plants just arn't as popular as critters ;)
As for the shots - 1, 3 and 4 just don't seem to hold much interst as a shot to me. 1 had a nice angle on the plants, but I think it would have worked better ifyou could have got a solid front of close range yellows in focus and then had the focus dropping off for more in the back.
2 and 3 just don't seem too out of the ordinary - something that I would normally see just walking by
2 on the other hand I really like!
The colours are bright and alive and with the background it really feels very summery and lively!
The only thing you might try playing with is the apature - try to blurr the background a little more evenly to make a bigger contrast with the front plants (you could also if you feel up to it, try playing around with layers in photoshop and selective blurring and sharpening to increase the divide)

#2, is a bush in my back yard, as for the apriture I was at the max possible for the lens and the lighting, sadly I don't have Photoshop, I have it's little brother but...I don't really know how to use it.

Shots #3 and 4 where actually taken during metering with a different body, My Handheld meter is old and I am uncertain how accurate it is, I have not had the chance to check, so for the time being I meter with a metering body for shots with the Pentax.

hmm when you say little brother I take it you mean photoshop elements?
if so and you need some help send me a pm (its 4am and I am off to sleep now so don't expect a responce that quick;))
I will admit I am no expert but I have picked up a few tips

hmm when you say little brother I take it you mean photoshop elements?
if so and you need some help send me a pm (its 4am and I am off to sleep now so don't expect a responce that quick;))
I will admit I am no expert but I have picked up a few tips

No...I mean Adobe Illustrator.....It's more for art work than Photography.

Most reactions

Back