My Father's Flowers

Mistilyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in my dad's gardens over father's day weekend and I got some pretty nice photo's. I thought I would share them.

1. Black-Eyed Susan

6-24-2007BlackEyedSusanweb.jpg

2. Johnny Jump-Ups

5-20-2007JohnnyJumpUpweb.jpg

3. Marigolds

6-24-2007Marigoldsweb.jpg

Wow, is anyone out there? I think I can here the bees buzzing in the flowers.... It's so silent.

I guess it get's that way sometimes.....nice shots nevertheless, lovely colours.

Love the first one!

Heya, mistilyn, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

There are some nice flower photos here, very colourful, nicely blurred out backgrounds with just enough there to show us what your father's garden might look like.

Thank you for joining and for sharing these! :D
I can thus learn a couple of flower names in English! Heehee, I recognise each and every blackeyed Susan these days and only think "Blackeyed Susan" now but don't have a CLUE as to what that flower is called in my own language!!! :shock: :lol:

Aren't those that you call Johnny Jump-Ups here called something different in the UK?

Thank you for the welcome! :)

Your question got me curious so I did a search online for the various common names of Viola cornuta, which is the species name for the Johnny Jump-Up. It appears that this little flower has many names. The ones I found include Johnny Jump-Up, Horned Pansy, Horned Violet, and Tufted Violet. I know that I've heard it called other names as well, I just cannot think of them at the moment.

I was quite pleased with the way these flowers came out. The marigolds was not really a planned picture. My step-mother was looking at what I had and said "Wait a minute, you missed some of the flowers!" Then she took me on a last minute tour of the gardens just as we were getting ready to leave. I wish now that I had taken the time to remove the weeds from around it and clean the dead grass off the flower. I do love the way it came out either way. :lol:

Most reactions

Back