My father's photos: 1000 km bicycle tour through Libya (II)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here's part 2 then.

Papa_Libyen05.jpg

Papa_Libyen06.jpg

He also captured some street life in the villages they came through, or when they came past some markets, but he usually had to disappoint his young "models" in so far as he could not show them their photo on the back of his camera right away ;).

Papa_Libyen07.jpg

Here's another night camp in the desert, this is the way they spent 8 nights in a row, and only when they got back to Tripolis, they could move into a hotel for one more night there and take a shower and sleep in a bed that also "hosted" the feet from the knees down ;).

Before they got back to Tripolis, though, they visited another Roman excavation, but once more I forgot the name of the place ... hmph :meh: . Sorry.

Papa_Libyen08.jpg

Back in Tripolis, he went for a walk around the town and saw these "wall-decorations" all over the place. So please do not mistake this photo for a political statement of any kind. It is not that. It is one of my dad's impressions of Libya, the country he's been to. Nothing else. He photographed the following first for the same reason as the following second and third (i.e. last of the series that I selected):

Papa_Libyen09.jpg

Papa_Libyen10.jpg

Papa_Libyen11.jpg

I hope you like to get some impressions from a country where few of us will ever get to? Thanks for looking. I'll let my father read your replies :).

Gorgeous shots!
#2 is of the kids is really sweet!
love#3 as well #4-sweet composition.. and boy what a structure!
i like what i see in #5...
sweet colors in #6 nice sight of the boats docked.. i like the writing on them.. so very intriguing.. nice city shot in the last
thank you for sharing your fathers photographs and experiences of his trip :)

Thanks, Mansi. :)
I had hoped you would find these interesting, and deliberately also chose some of his "street photos"... whenever there was more than just a street in them, of course ;).

Something tells me that feedback could be a tad better...
Or has my dad taken frightfully boring pics from a place in this world you are not interested in in the least?

PlasticSpanner said:
It is a little quiet isn't it!:confused:
It is, indeed.........

PlasticSpanner said:
What camera was he using?
Ooops. Good question. I don't know. An SLR, that is for sure...

I love the second one of the kids, and the boats.
(If I'd seen these here sooner, I'd have commented sooner - but work keeps getting in the way :) )

love them all!
every shot is full of rich/vibrant color
i especially like the shots of the children and boat
:thumbup:

Awesome images from a truly impressive individual! I am drawn back and forth between the two threads looking at the images in both threads. If I were to pick a favorite, I believe it would be the boats, I love the colors, his composition is pretty good too. I also was impressed with the narrative, a very impressive story. I can only envy your father. My health will forever prevent me from attempting such a trip but through his and your generosity we can share and see some of what we will forever never be able to experience ourselves.

Bumped for my sister

I love all the pictures Corinna! thank you for sharing them with us!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back