My fav shot from today - oh no, another flower.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P1020694sm.jpg

It's strange, I can post the same pic here & on a gardening forum & it looks better on the gardening one.

Hi Ron,

I like but I think it looks a tad soft. I punched the contrast a bit and added some unsharp mask and my eyes liked it better (not posted). Yellow can be a tough color sometimes.

I like flowers. The hell with everyone else. ;)

Hi Ron,

I like but I think it looks a tad soft. I punched the contrast a bit and added some unsharp mask and my eyes liked it better (not posted). Yellow can be a tough color sometimes.

I like flowers. The hell with everyone else. ;)

Be my guest & post your edit.

Hell, I do not know what a unsharp mask is. I use Lightroom to develop my RAW & then PhotoScape to make the jpeg version pop.

Not bad, I like it.

Yellow is pretty hard to work with sometimes, especially with a lot of ambient light as it can easily blow out and strain the eyes of the viewer.
This exposure works well though, and there is pretty good detail in the yellow highlights, and I like the look of the "buds" to the right.
The background really makes the shot work as you have strong contrast. If you had another light color behind your flower, it would have been too much of the same.

Hi Ron, I didn't post because it was such a minor edit and entirely subjective:

4640016527_46868f4bd0_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back