My Favorite Focal Length for Studio Fashion

Its a good start. Can you use a X2 tele with that and get the girls to stand still for a hour for the exposure?

Its a good start. Can you use a X2 tele with that and get the girls to stand still for a hour for the exposure?

It's f/6.3, a doubler would lose two stops, making it about f/13? That's not a problem.

Yes, incontrovertable.

http://inyourface.ocregister.com/files/2008/08/greta_garbo-230p.jpg

You can easily tell this was taken with a long lens.

p.s. Petraio, if your going to write books, even philosophy books, spelling is a useful skill to have. it is incontrovertible not incontrovertable.

It's "you're" not "your"

P.S. Not attacking you. I'm just a grammar nazi.

By Jove, I do believe that you are correct. Good thing I don't write books for a living Ain't it??:lmao:

Benjamin

What you really need is this lens.
240475717b811e6462ao.jpg

With this lens and a couple of cell phones you could stay in bed and shoot just as long as you had line of sight to the models location within 18 to 32 miles. Besides 5200mm would slim Rosie O'Donnell so much she would end up looking like Twiggy. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You might want to invest in pocket wizards though. I'm not sure them cactus triggers have that much range.:lol:

^^^ Do you attach the lens to the camera? Or is it the other way?

Benjamin

240475717b811e6462ao.jpg

With this lens and a couple of cell phones you could stay in bed and shoot just as long as you had line of sight to the models location within 18 to 32 miles. Besides 5200mm would slim Rosie O'Donnell so much she would end up looking like Twiggy. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You might want to invest in pocket wizards though. I'm not sure them cactus triggers have that much range.:lol:

I was looking for an ultra compact for those times when you don't want to lug around the big guns..This is the perfect solution...Comes with a U-Haul.:lmao:

Last edited:
Benjamin

240475717b811e6462ao.jpg

I was looking for an ultra compact for those times when you don't want to lug around the big guns..This is the perfect solution...Come with a U-Haul.:lmao:

Mount it on the back of a flat bed truck on a swivel mount and you could be "The French Terrorist of the Fashion World." :lol:

Benjamin

240475717b811e6462ao.jpg

I was looking for an ultra compact for those times when you don't want to lug around the big guns..This is the perfect solution...Come with a U-Haul.:lmao:

Mount it on the back of a flat bed truck on a swivel mount and you could be "The French Terrorist of the Fashion World." :lol:
Your Motto could be: Have lens....and a Hernia.:lmao:

Benjamin

240475717b811e6462ao.jpg

Would love to, but I'm not French...I am Anglo Canadian...;)

Benjamin, I implore you to stop butchering the art of fashion with your use of short lenses. Obviously you don't know what you're doing (shooting Pentax?!?!) and your clients are tasteless.

:lol:

/sarcasm

Love the work on your pbase site man, simply amazing. If I send you a couple of lenses, will you bless them so perhaps a little of your mojo might rub off on them?

Benjamin, I implore you to stop butchering the art of fashion with your use of short lenses. Obviously you don't know what you're doing (shooting Pentax?!?!) and your clients are tasteless.

:lol:

/sarcasm

Love the work on your pbase site man, simply amazing. If I send you a couple of lenses, will you bless them so perhaps a little of your mojo might rub off on them?

Just blessed them in abstention :)

Would love to, but I'm not French...I am Anglo Canadian...;)

My apologies for the Faux pas

Ohhhh that's even better though. I can see the headlines in gay paree now. (Please read using your best Maurice Chevalier or if you prefer Inspector Clouseau voice.):D

Crazed Transplanted Canadian Fashion Photographer Benjamin Kanarek Terrorizes The Paris Fashion World.

Paris 2010

The Fashion World was rocked today by Fashion Photographer Benjamin Kanarek when he showed up at the the Carrousel du Louvre for the 2010 Paris Fashion week driving a cut down Renault Trafic Generation sporting what looked to be a large cannon mounted on the back of the vehicle.

Kanarek, backed at a high rate of speed into the Carrousel du Louvre straight up to the runway, jumped to the back behind the cannon looking object and began taking photographs as the models were traversing the runway in Christian Lacroix's fall collection. Models fled in terror fearing that the enormous lens Kanarek was using would magnify every pimple and blemish 1000 times or more.

Fashion Writer Marylou Luther was last seen running across the Pont du Carrousel bridge in bare feet. She quickly ducked into a small thrift shop emerging a few minutes later in a beige pants suit and big floppy hat racing back to the office of the Chambre Syndicale in tears. (continued on page 3B.)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back