My Fiance

Third Eye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artconspiracy.com
These are 2 pictures I got onto my pc from slides I took of my gf. Basicly all I did to get the pictures onto the computer (because I dont have a scanner) was to hold the slide upto the screen wile I was in Word (so there was alot of white to light it up) and I just took a picture of it with my digital camera. It came out surprisingly good.

393098.JPG

393097.JPG

I'll try getting more up in a little bit. She really isn't all that comfortable infront of the camera. But she was sweet enought to let me do these portrait pictures of her for one of my classes. She's the greatest!! :)

[edit] Here are 3 more. One is just a little little bit blurry, but thats ok. My gf is still super ultra hot :)

393105.JPG

393106.JPG

393107.JPG

[/edit]

I like these shots...

1) you can tell she is a bit nervous, but she is very photogenic

2) i like the composition and the poses

3) Try them in Black and White, i love Contrasty portraits in black and white

great work!!!!

md

Definately agree she looks a bit nervous behind the camera as the expressions seem a bit forced. This is something that will go away after a roll or two of posing for you.

With that said I like the first the most as she does have a very natural expression even though her eyes are shut.

:thumbsup:

Thanks :) I'll make them b&w right now....see what they look like.

The slide film was Fuji Film Provita. I love that stuff! The colors always come out so amazing.

And it was a roll of 36, I found 20 of those that were good, and about 10 were really good. All of the other ones though she wasn't even looking at the camera :) She does that, shy looking away thing alot :) But its so cute! :D

Hehe. Yeah, she is cute. I like them.

For next time, I would have her turn towards the light more or use a reflector on the other side of her face. A lot of her face is burried in deep shadow. A reflector will also even out the lighting so that you don't get hotspots, which are showing up on her cheek.

I had a reflector, but it was just on the left side. I don't think I had it angled very well for the light. This was my very first time using real studio equpment too. Like the 4x3 soft box lights, and the power pack thing. And one of those hand held light meters (that thing was cool, made me feel like a pro :) ).

Third Eye said:
I had a reflector, but it was just on the left side. I don't think I had it angled very well for the light.
It doesn't look like it was bouncing any light from the strobe back up on her face. I only see one catchlight in her left (our right) eye, and none in the other. Every light source that hits her will show up as a catchlight (at least every one that hits her eyes). This is why her right eye is in shadow. It can be something to look for when you look through the camera. Shadows aren't as easy to see with the naked eye as on film, but if you are missing a catchlight, it can be a warning that there will be some.

No worries. This stuff takes practice. I'm still better at recognizing good light outside than setting it up in the studio.

I realize what it was now. The way I had the light angled twords the reflector, didn't make any light actually reflect onto her. It just bounced it more twords the backround. I think that spot to the right of her that is really hot is where the flash and the reflector were hitting.

Most reactions

Back