My Film camera collection...so far.

some comparision shots would be awesome if you could. i'm not sure what the make of the lense was, i MIGHT go look at it toamrow, but i dont really need it haha, we'll see.

Alright I'll go over to my GF's tomorrow and retrieve the lens and take some direct comparison shots between the two lenses. Likely simple shots.

the 80-200 and 100-200 is a deisent zoom range for walking around IMHO, it's always nice to have. In the end it'll be up to you.

I have not posted in a while, but i just picked up another camera today, havent tried it, and i will ad new photos soon.
my new camera from today is a Minolta srt-201 with a 50mm f1.7 lense, got it for $20 cad

Photos of the Minolta srt201 and the 4 flashes i picked up for $2.00 (for all 4)
4341_205227485270_575045270_7158032_3383064_n.jpg

4341_205227490270_575045270_7158033_3390326_n.jpg

the flashes are,
-sunpak auto zoom 333 thyristor
-canon speedlite 244T
-Vivitar 1800 (not fireing, not charging, havent looked to much into it)
-Vivitar auto 2600 (also not fireing, not charging, havent looked to much into it)
is there a trick to these vivitar flashes?

I kinda fell away from photography for a little while :s and now i'm getting back into it and having lots of fun, thanks Battou I thought the minolta was to good a price to pass up, aswell as the flashes even if 2 dont work (or i cant figure them out)

If you do have those comparision shots, that would be awesome, thanks again.

These where all shot on a tripod under less than ideal situations using the first shared aperture value of the two lenses on consumer grade 35mm Fuji 800 speed film. The digital convertions are scanned under the same settings and left completely uncropped and include unused space on the frame. I did also take comparisons for fully stopped down however the gemini 80-200 minimum aperture shot was cut in half during film processing and is not useable so minimum aperture shots are unavailable.

Canon FD 100-200 f/5.6 at 100mm F/8
210834_014_F800_04_09_3.jpg

Gemini 80-200 f/4.5 at aprox. 100mm at F/8
210834_022_F800_04_09_3.jpg

Canon FD 100-200 at 200mm F/8
210834_015_F800_04_09_3.jpg

Gemini 80-200 f/4.5 at 200mm at F/8
210834_021_F800_04_09_3.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much, great comparision shots, Defenatly would be nice to find a Canon lense :p

Thanks, I can't tell you howmany times I have told people how to go about comparing lenses, it's nice to actually be able to do a comparison for someone, but not something I intend to make a habit of :lmao:.

Yeah, i'm not to sure i'd be doing it alot for people, especialy if I only had a film camera to do it with (not to sure how hard it is to proccess them yourself havent looked into it to much yet) so I do really appretiate it,

on topic though, does anyone know much about the Vivitar flashes? i'm not to upset that they dont work as i dident pay a ton for them but it would be nice, thanks again.

Yeah, i'm not to sure i'd be doing it alot for people, especialy if I only had a film camera to do it with (not to sure how hard it is to proccess them yourself havent looked into it to much yet) so I do really appretiate it,

Well I suppose it varies really. If you do it as lazily as I did it's just scan and go but one could go and put a full post processing into them and spend an exorbitent amount of time on it. The bulk of the varation comes in how complex your scanning system is to opperate, mine is fairly simple but is still took me about a half an hour to scan all the shots from that comparison session.

on topic though, does anyone know much about the Vivitar flashes? i'm not to upset that they dont work as i dident pay a ton for them but it would be nice, thanks again.

Well, I have seen them (vivitar auto 2600) and considered them on a couple of occations but never commited to buying so sadly no I have no information on them for you.

So I went and looked at this 80-200mm FD mount lense I was speaking of earlier, and It was not a canon lense as I had hoped it was a Kitstar 80-200mm f4.5
I ended up buying it anyway it was $25 thought it might be worth the try. I havent heard to much about these, hopfuly it was a good buy.

kitstarfd2.jpg

and here it is mounted on my Canon AE-1 Program
kitstarfd3.jpg

I havent updated (or bought a new camera) in a while but today I picked up another one, its a Minolta XG-7 (black) with MD Rokkor-x 50mm f1.7, I dont know to much about it, I am putting a couple rolls of film through it this weekend, I usualy dont like to buy cameras that rely on a battery, but I admit that I didn't know at the time of purchase. I think it being the first black camera to my collection might have enticed me to buy it.

Pics

xg71.jpg

xg72.jpg

seems to be in great shape (working and astheticly) the paint is worn off around the strap mounts.

I'm going to have to decline the offer, i'm quite a fan of the black body on this one :p thanks for the offer. I think I may get a new lense for this one, I think I like it

Most reactions

Back