My final portfolio from Photography 1 (56k beware)

Anblue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie to this site, but I wanted to post my pictures at a few places and see what other people thought about them, and what I can do to improve. I'm looking to major in it at LSU, and these are from the final portfolio of my Photography 1 class I just finished. (I got an A in it :D )

Keep in mind the scans kind of suck, and some of the areas that are really bright aren't like that in real life.

Thanks!

Feel free to critique...as I can use all the critique I can get.

aphoto1small.jpg

aphoto2small.jpg

aphoto3small.jpg

aphoto4small.jpg

aphoto5small.jpg

aphoto6small.jpg

aphoto7small.jpg

aphoto8small.jpg

aphoto9small.jpg

peanutsmall.jpg

hello, and congrats on your A :D ... some insight on what i see

#1. i think its a little too dark, depth of field could be higher, composition could be more interesting ... needs something like a "wild card"

#2. i think it's too monocramatic (colors are too much the same, they blend with no boundaries), could use a little more contrast, a little brighter and too blurred on the right.

#3. interesting, could use a little more contrast

#4. i dont see a subject, my eyes keep wondering and dont really stop, not enough contrast, could be composed from a more interesting angle.

#5. the book is too blown out, not enough detail in the flower, higher contrast

#6. Love it!!! ... great composition, nice contrast and shadows

#7. Love it!!! .. fabulous contrast

#8. i dont see any content

#9. sofa - interesting concept

#10. interesting, could be a little lighter in the man's face, the roof is blown out and lost most of its details, could use a higher depth of field

whew!! ... that was long :D ... keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Well I think Dew really wrapped this one up.

Keep on shooting, the best advice I can give is that the biggest difference between a good shot and a bad one is the number of shots in between. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back