My First 2 HDR's...Sunsets

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are my first 2 HDR images done in PS and Photomatix. Are they any good? Thanks for looking. :)

IMG_2608_2_hdr_websave.jpg

IMG_2620_2_hdr_websave.jpg

I like the first one, but the intense light coming from behind the trees in the second doesn't work for me. Also, there don't appear to be any true black spots in the photos, which I tend to like ... but that's just me.

I'm not sure the view available was ever going to produce jaw-dropping images, but they're fine first attempts...and it's certainly fun creating great looking photos that could not be had with a single shot.

For my liking there is too much grass in the foreground and it doesn't add anything because it's got no real texture to it. As such, I'd crop out most of the grass, just leaving a thin stripalong the bottom of each shot. The first image really works well when you do this as your eye is then drawn towards the lovely colours in the sky. The second image still lacks a focal point either way.

Mike

I'd also crop some of the grass
Amazing colors

very nice hdr's, i love the saturated colors... :thumbup:

I love your first picture and I actually like the grass. But agree if it were to market that it should be cropped (that is just personal preference)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back