My first 4 shots eVaR!

thEdOt.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are my first 4 shots ever.

I'd like some critiques on all of them please.

But please remember yesterday was the first time for me touching a camera.
So don't be too mean :lol:

36118.jpg

36221.jpg

36372.jpg

37420.jpg

Usually for critiques it is easier if you only post one photo. Also you may want to size them down a bit because it's taking quite a while for them to load. So I'll just critique the first and say maybe a bit of contrast would help it out!!!

Oh my God. And I thought your 2nd one was the best!!!
I am DROOLING over that 3rd one, I love it love it love it!! The light was from above, I presume?

Suggeestion: Shoot include binder of book (the inside of the binder of course) and focus on words "Iraq"...

Anyway really good one for a newbie....^ ^ Keep it up~

Thank you very much Damian :).

I like the third one a lot too, and I wish I could have included the binding of it,
but its a newspaper! lol, the light in my kitchen where I took the shot is very orange.

And I'll be sure to post one at a time next critique I do.

Thanks,

very good macro shots!!
nice composition and DOF on the 3rd one...
4th one need abit more housekeeping in photoshop, colors are leaking...
nice textures in the 2nd one but could do with more contrast for added effect...
the 1st shot didnt quite have an impact on me though... maybe a closer shot with a smaller DOF? (bigger aperture)
nice work!

I like macro shots too but my Sony DSC-P93 hasnt got a very good macro mode... very large DOF

Yes, I just noticed the leaking colors on the 4th, I should fix that.

Also, lol. The blue "Germany" picture was the 2nd of my shots ever.

I didnt know how to use macro mode! haha!

I did actualy add contrast in photoshop, but, anymore than that and it gave it an odd, "fake" effect.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back