My first attempt at any kind of action...

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was at the game last weekend and I was only able to snap off a few. It was almost 110 degrees outside and my camera body was -hot-. So I tucked it away safely in it's bag.

1. I think I missed the focus in this one, or I shook the camera one.

IMG_3543 low by jenangeljen, on Flickr

2. Looks soft on this one, too, but it's a fun shot. :) (Focus is on her belly?)

IMG_3548 low by jenangeljen, on Flickr
3. Probably my favorite. Wish I wouldn't have cut off her shoe.

IMG_3544 low by jenangeljen, on Flickr

#2 is great... I had a friend of mine jump and I got a little motion blur.. I see no blur! :)

Nice try. Just for curiosity, what F stop were you using? Something that I may suggest may be to up your ISO a few stops, and close down your lens a few stops also. That will give you better DOF, and if you are currently shooting wide open, then opening it up a bit may sharpen your shots up a bit also. This will help lessen the chances of just missing the focus / shot. With the software out there now a days, if your shooting RAW, any noise you get with the ISO up a bit, should clean up nicely.

I think these were done at 4 or 5. Not sure and not at home to check. Someone else had mentioned that so I was trying between 4 and 5.6.

I think these were done at 4 or 5. Not sure and not at home to check. Someone else had mentioned that so I was trying between 4 and 5.6.

If you've got a nice sunny day, and your using a long lens (100mm +), going to F8 may still work well for you.

do you have trouble increasing the shutter speed when you have the flash enabled? i recently shot my daughter cheering and I cant seem to increase the shutter speed past 1/200 w/the flashed enabled. I can increase the speed with the flash closed but then they come out much too dark. even w/increasing the iso. ahhhh!

Yep. Pop up flash will only support up to 1/200 on shutter speed. Says so in the manual. ;)

If you've got a nice sunny day, and your using a long lens (100mm +), going to F8 may still work well for you.

Aye that's what I'd say. Try out f/8 on a sunny day and get the ISO to like ISO400 so you can get a fast shutter speed.

Good pictures though! I wouldn't worry too much about the heat...the body might feel warm but it'll do it's job effectively unless you're stringing off huge bursts of pictures. If it starts to overheat it'll tell you (usually a message and turn off until it cools).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back