My First Attempt - Go easy please!

mrdenn1s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I used my Nikon D40 and Picasa to create this of my son with wife in the background.

Any feedback welcome!

Mr D

DSC_0674.jpg

PersonallY I would prefer to see this image completely in black and white, right now colour is kind of 'leaking' from his head, in addition it looks like the white balance is off int he first place. By converting to black and white, it will draw more attention to the subjects. I like the composition, the juxtaposition between the mother, busily talking on the phone, as her son's main concern is the camera. If I was to be very very picky, I would be saying to have taken it 0.5ms later and had her eyes open a tad bit more.

Your son has beautiful big eyes!

I like the picture, it is just that the selective color isn't great. It is a nice shot though.

Great eyes on that child.

Love the eyes as well, but I have to agree on the selective coloring... If the face didn't bleed it would be cool, but with the color on the sides of the face it kind of ruins the effect. (and I kind of like selective coloring in most cases)

Just a suggestion to get the effect you want. maybe if you post the original in color, someone can help you with it?

Thanks guys. I have had my camera only a few months, but I'm so addicted, and sites like this only fuel the desire!

I have placed the original below as requested (tips??), as well as some other ones I took today in the park with him.

Please let me know what you think? I tried to use interesting angles...I think I succeeded somewhat

Would any other lense than the 18-55mm make a difference?

Does anyone know of any photography clubs in Melbourne Australia...so many questions...haha

Thanks

Mr D

DSC_0674-2.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

This is a risky one....whats your thoughts?

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0796.jpg

DSC_0809.jpg

DSC_0816.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_0868.jpg

I love that one as well. There are 4 in the series that i shot in quick succession. Problem was no tripod, else i would have merged them for an awesome collage.

why would you need a tripod to merge them?

oh , never mind, i figured it out... i'm sure its still possible but you'd need to allign them first

This one is the winner for me, though there are more than this that are good among the last five.

The first - the origianally posted as selective colour edit one - is not my cup of tea. Too many technical flaws, and the "unusual perspective" does not really make it for me, either.

But several of those taken in the park are good!

Most reactions

Back