My First Attempt to make a HDR Image

Wizzard005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Aloha from hawaii everyone!

Not sure if you can do this or not, but i didnt take 3 different pictures, i shot this one pic in raw and in photoshop i saved 3 versions...

I figure since its raw it will give the same effect?

Anyways, I know the picture isn't anything that great, but just wanted to know what you all think...

Its fun making 15mb jpegs :p

Here is the orig version, again, just shot a tree to see what i could do with it to get a feel for Photomatrix Pro

356110316_hkrWi-L.jpg

2. HDR
356109578_F463m-L.jpg

The above photo looks great. I didn't get you. Did you use Photomatrix or combined the two pictures using Photoshop?

I used [FONT=&quot]Photomatri. I saved 3 different versions, since i had the raw file I just made 3 copies.. [/FONT]

Those halo's around the branchs are grosssss

definately should try a different tone map

And definatly take more then one shot. When doing hdr, if you want to do it properly you gotta take more then one. The more the better actually. Usually 3 minimum, ive seen it done with 9 and such.

And definatly take more then one shot. When doing hdr, if you want to do it properly you gotta take more then one. The more the better actually. Usually 3 minimum, ive seen it done with 9 and such.

I took 3, however no one has said if you shoot in raw you can do the edit on the pc instead of taking 3 different shots..

Can anyone confrim this please?

Making an HDR from a single RAW file is not uncommon, well done for trying it without even knowing it would work!

It isn't as good as doing it with seperate exposures, as you can only really draw out a +1 and -1 stop difference, but if you only took 1 RAW frame and you can't go back to take multiples, AND you think HDR would benefit the shot... then yes it can produce more than acceptable results.

You definitely need to work more on the tone mapping. This is the kind of over the top style that turns most people off of HDR almost as quickly as they get into it.

In HDR, subtle is almost always the best approach. Give the reprocessing another go because there is good potential here :)

Last edited:
You definitely need to work more on the tone mapping. This is the kind of over the top style that turns most people off of HDR almost as quickly as they get into it.

There's 2 sides to that. Some people prefer more realistic looking HDRs then there's people like myself that prefer when it's "over the top".

I think the results look great for that style. :thumbup::mrgreen:

i like the cartoon look, but any setting i messed with, that glow that is around the tree i couldnt get rid of it...

When i take more pictures with my lens i will have on money, then i will try different things...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back