My first attempt with DSLR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my first real good attempts at some shots with my new DSLR, how have they turned out?

WHPonsford.jpg

MCG33.jpg

Septopia.jpg

I love that last shot.

Did you yell out real loud or something to maike everyone look at you? LOL

3rd shot is pretty interesting, i was like "what in the @#$@". 2nd shot is nice compositionally, but the 1st shot is a little busy with too much going on. congratson the SLR, what did you get?

Heya 391615, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I went into your thread and added spaces to the links so that in the end your photos don't blend one into the next, ok?
Congrats to having got your new DSLR.
Nice pics. Interesting. What went on in 3 looks cool, I guess you wished for an even longer lens to capture that scene?

Thanks for the comments, I only had that shot at 1024*768 on a 10MP Shot. I still can't get good clarity on images from distances at full resolution. I can for portrait shots, but not distance shots. I'm thinking it could have something to do with the aperture....I'm about to take my first night shots tonight, I have never taken a night shot, so its a bit of trial and error.

You mean when you use your zoom lens at full zoom and then look at the photos at max resolution (or even at crops out of a larger frame) that simply refuse to be fully sharp?
That may also have to do with the lens. Most zoom lenses (in the price range that is affordable for the majority of people) do no longer show their best performance at both ... the closest-in or the farthest out ... range ends.
Just assuming you were working with the same zoom lens that I do, a Sigma DG 70-300mm - at the full 300mm I never get the results I would WISH to have. The lens doesn't give me that... Just a thought here...

Most reactions

Back