My First Baby Photos

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Billhyco, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Billhyco

Billhyco TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    A few weeks ago I had the chance to shoot lil' Zoey. She was fussy, the room was extremely dark and small, but her parents really wanted some pictures so I gave in. Excited to go back in about a month to take more of her in a different location however!

Shot with a Sony @300 w/ sony 50mm @ 2.8. Tried to use the large sliding door for light, even that wasn't enough.

C&C is as always welcomed!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. red1013

red1013 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It seems your white balance is off just a bit. Do you shoot in raw? It made a world of difference when I changed from jpeg to raw.

3. Billhyco

Billhyco TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    no, i dont' shoot in raw. i have read a million times that i should be but i haven't . i have been trying to learn and learn as much as i can about PS that i haven't even really played around with my raw converter program.

i have felt the same about my white balance and have struggled with it here and there. never thought about shooting in raw to fix it. ok ya convinced me, from here on out its RAW.

:)

Bill

4. Billhyco

Billhyco TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    87 views, one reply :(

5. Brian L

Brian L TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Bill once you start shooting in raw to correct the white balance you'll never go back. lol. Your work is good here. I would suggest peaking up a book called Adobe Camera Raw for the Digital PHotography Only. here is a link

Amazon.com: Adobe Camera Raw for Digital Photographers Only (For Only) (9780470224571): Rob Sheppard: Books

Get it from you local library too. The Library is great for photography. Read books about portraits, composition everything you can pack in. You can never know too much and never be the best but always better!

I read that book above and know a lot bout color management and raw now including white balance and a lot of tips on how to work with raw in photo shop!. Hope that help ya bud. Take care and keep it up.

6. Billhyco

Billhyco TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ordering it now... thank you!!!!!!!

7. babybeanportraits

babybeanportraits TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just a quick suggestion (especially if you want to go from hobby to career), which has saved me a ton of time and has made adjusting images much, much easier (particularly in RAW mode, in which I now shoot all of my pictures), is to get Adobe Lightroom. It has the same features as PS, but they are MUCH simpler and faster to use (think visible sliders instead of menus). If you are working on even a moderate number of images it quickly pays for itself in the amount of time saved. It runs about 300 bucks for the full version, 100 for the academic version and I think you can download it online for a free 30 day trial.

Sara

"In a portrait, I'm looking for the silence in somebody."
    -Henry Cartier-Bresson

http://www.babybeanportraits.com

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  8. kc502

kc502 TPF Noob!

I agree lightroom 2 is amazing I edit all my photos using it even if I plan to do further processing in photoshop. I really like the third photo down.

9. Billhyco

Billhyco TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i was reading up a little bit on lightroom just last night. what are some of the big things it lacks compared to CS? It seems to be a nice compliment to CS but wondering what kind of things still need to be done outside of lightroom?

Thanks!!!