My first batch of home development!

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Used Ilford Ilfosol S developer, Ilford Ilfostop, and Ilford Rapid Fixer. Let me know what you think. These were Ilford FP4 ISO 125, developed in 1:9 Ilfosol at 4:30 agitated 10 seconds every minute. I think I scratched them up a bit squeegeeing with my finger. I'll have to get a wetting agent.

I think I agitated them too much and made them too contrasty (no photoshop adjustment whatsoever). I also think I underdeveloped them. This is my very first development ever, whether at home or in a darkroom. I didn't do a test roll (like an idiot ;)), but this roll was expendable. I think it turned out alright, but not as well as I had hoped. I think the roll that's drying right now is better.

Oh, and these were all shot with my Pentax Spotmatic w/ the Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4. Some of the outside shots had a circular polarizer, but there was too much cloud cover for it to have helped the skies like I had hoped. These are the ones that turned out alright. The others were either underexposed or underdeveloped (I think the latter).

1432087213_f729c413ae_b.jpg

1432087221_92b4a292c8_b.jpg

1432989862_bcbfac71f3_b.jpg

1432989866_fb5ada1d13_b.jpg

I really like the 1st and 2nd pictures, because it has the front of the train. I like the blurring of motion in the 2nd train picture.

The trees on the top, left, and right could use some detail like in the 3rd train picture, but that one doesn't have the front of the train.

Very good, what kind of enlarger are you using? If you think they're too contrasty add a filter, you can find some Kodak filters on the internet for really cheep. I'd use a 2.5 or a 2 on this and then split to a 4.5 or 5 for a few seconds so you dont lose all the contrast but you still get some detail in those leaves at the top and sides of the picture.

Most reactions

Back