My first Bird captures. Need an ID (56k)

gizmo2071

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have to give it to all the bird and wildlife photographers around.
I knew it was tough, but now i have even more praise for the guys that do it well.

So I only have a 350D and a sigma 55-200mm kit lens for my "big" zooms. So you will have to forgive me for the possible low quality. These were all handheld at the 200mm with F/5.6. Shutter speed varies from 30th~400th. I think they are all slight crops from the full size versions aswell, just to get a little more emphasis on the birds.
I went on my usual walk, but this time I was determined to take at least a few pictures of any wild birds that i could see. (my knowledge of birds is literally limited to barely anything, so you may have to ID them all, but esp[ecially the one ;))

Lets get on with my little show.

I know this one. A robin.

bird1.jpg

bird7.jpg

A great tit?

bird2.jpg

There were so many grey/blue herons on this little island, but it was just to far away for my lens. These are the best that I could manage :s

bird3.jpg

bird4.jpg

No this is the one that I need an ID on. I'm sorry for the quality and the angle. I spotted it and got a quick couple of shots off before it flew away.

I'd probably guess it's a Small Kite, but I havn't a clue.

bird5.jpg

bird6.jpg

Thanks for viewing guys.
Let me know if I have any names wrong and I'll edit them :)

I must admit that I had fun trying to capture these.
Maybe when i have the money I'll get a larger zoom :D

Matt

yep its a great tit as for the last bird.... tricky, might be a buzzard.

fave is the 1st shot

Not sure about being a buzzard. Looks like white chest plumage, was the whole chest white? I can't see it from these shots.
Birds are tricky, I'm doing a lot at the moment and just as you get the perfect shot focused the little blighter legs it. :)

I have no idea what colour it's chest was.
This is the only angle I saw it from.

As I said, I knew it was tough to take photos of birds (though I'm sure it's easier when you don't have to try and get as close as I had to) but I never really had a good go at it till today :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back