My first boudoir session

wendyalana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
The entire contents of the google images search result for 'boudoir photography' are some of the ideas you were playing with?

The first thing I would do is try to narrow down what you want to do a little more...

Don't. There are plenty of stories of "risky" photos coming back to haunt the "absolutely gorgeous cousin". = "Risque"

Hey Wendy,

Very brave of you to take this on, it's a very challenging field. Are you close enough to your cousin for repeat sessions if the first few don't turn out the way you both imagine? Is so, you are very lucky to get a willing model for you both to practice, you on techniques and her on posing, accessorizing, makeup and clothing.

How adapt are you with lighting? There are many different styles of this type of photography, from dreamy soft sensual to gritty 'naughty bits in your face'. All of it controlled by lighting and location setup. Any camera will do and but a decent lens is almost a must since a good part of the mood of the image is in the rendering of the out of focus elements.

The soft dreamy look is done with soft lighting and careful placement of shadows with a soft transition from the light to the dark areas of the image. Try to make your model and yourself comfortable with the situation. Allow plenty of time for the session, ease into the the shots you want. An open discussion between you and the model, before and during the session, as to what each is thinking and what to try next is very productive. Be aware that both you and the model might be a little nervous at first. Sometimes the presence of the model's partner is helpful, but can also be a hindrance, you be the judge of that. One approach, if the partner is willing, is for the partner to also become a model later in the session. Many couples like a tastefully done erotic photo album of themselves. Ask your model to wear loose clothing for an hour or two before you start and have your session location warn enough so that a regularly dressed person is uncomfortable.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Take pictures of the hot cousin. Please.

p!nK

p!nK

Come on pink, don't be so crass. Phrase it like a grownup, okay??? Like this:

Won't you please take pictures of your lovely cousin, and post them for us all to peruse and to C&C lovingly,and at great length, with the highest of artistic intentions?

Sometimes less is more. I think the best boudoir leaves a lot to the imagination but yet still evokes immediate sensuality/sexuality. I know the rules of this forum have changed alot on this subject since I've been gone, so not sure what I can and can't post for examples, but I'd be happy to send you some of my work for ideas.

Ive booked my ticket on the next plane with my lights to come and help you out :sexywink:

hmm since you wouldn't want to risk it taking damage in flight and because you won't need it for such a shoot I'll babysit your 300mm f2.8 whilst you're away!:mrgreen:

Ive booked my ticket on the next plane with my lights to come and help you out :sexywink:

hmm since you wouldn't want to risk it taking damage in flight and because you won't need it for such a shoot I'll babysit your 300mm f2.8 whilst you're away!:mrgreen:

I'm sure it will be ok while i'm away

But the AF gears could seize up!

Or it could get dusty!

p!nK

Come on pink, don't be so crass. Phrase it like a grownup, okay??? Like this:

Won't you please take pictures of your lovely cousin, and post them for us all to peruse and to C&C lovingly,and at great length, with the highest of artistic intentions?

Hot cousin. Pictures.

p!nK

Most reactions

Back