My first C&C session

sunlou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there,

I am all new here and to photography, I took a few shots but don't know anyone to provide C&C on my shots.

I'll post 3 here. Tell me what you think about them and I'll try to work on weaknesses.

Thanks

Lou

2avril2009-8.jpg

16mai2009-8.jpg

28mars-11.jpg

13mai2009-14.jpg

I like all of them, can't really provide much critique due to the fact that I'm a beginner as well, but they all caught my eye, and were pleasing to look at, so surely that counts for something right? :)

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be #3, the dog. I'm a dog lover, and he's as cute as he can be, and probably a handfull to I bet :) He looks as though he's just spotted something, and he's considering running off after it.

thanks for stopping by paulpippin and taking the time to comment...

You're welcome, just wish I could be more technical, but my time has yet to come for that :)

1) I think the trees positioned vertically would look a lot better - you can straighten it up in an editing program. It looks pretty sharp and the colors are good. Overall, a good photo. The lack of a specific subject leaves the eye wandering a bit, but still, not bad.

2) Nice subject. I'd like to see some shadows removed and a little contrast added plus a little sharpening. I like it a lot.

3) You cut off doggie's feet and he/she really needs to be looking toward the camera or doing something active to make it interesting. This one strikes me as just a snapshot.

4) I like the fencing a lot. I like the sun coming through the field. I like the color of the grass. I don't like the house in the distance. I'm not keen on the too-darkness of the trees on the right side. Could be crisper. I'd like to see what others have to say about this one. It's not exciting me like it should, but I think it has potential.

paulpippin29,
don't be afraid to say why you like it or don't like an image - even a beginner can point out that they like the use of color or shape or motion in a shot. I bet if you think about them for a moment you will come up with something, even if you don't know the technical terms to use. I learn at least as much from commenting on (or at least observing) other people's work as I do from anything else.

Thanks Stella,

for the educated comments, I did not like the house either but when I asked them to move they refused... And I think i'd probably ruin it by trying to remove it with PS. You are not feeling what you should with the fourth picture and that is exactly the reason I put it there. I know It a very good photo but something is not right about it.... maybe cropping a little bit of the useless trees on the right... I don't know

I also well understand your comment about the non specific subject I think your are right. but then again I feel the spring after a long long canadian Winter, maybe it's because I was there...

Thanks

Anyways Thanks

You could clone out the house in PS (I have PSE) in about 10 seconds - it's an easy fix, if you wanted to do it, of course.

is this one better (not considering the house of course...?

13mai2009-13.jpg

the first three are interesting.. As said, the trees should be upright, or at least not appear to be defying the norm of growth.... background snow is blown out... perhaps the trees are slightly overexposed.

You have cut off many parts of all the shots....tree tops and bottoms...building steps and roof lines, dog-feet....etc..

the fence could be an interesting subject..however, you are shooting directly into the sun so the entire sky and left central portion of badly overexposed and blown... This one could be a great place for a ND filter. or even a piece of cardboard/hand held above the lens to provide an enlarged hood area.

It's OK to have light filtering through, but not to the extent that it becomes a distraction or the focus/subject of the shot..

Most reactions

Back