My first car shooting, last summer. C&C

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
shot with a D60.

i didnt had that much experience shooting. i think i learned alot since then but i still like them alot!

enjoy!

4360791376_86a21c06b5_b.jpg

4360048979_3b21bcc52e_b.jpg

4360047789_38764bd78f_b.jpg

4360046407_eac4353c3d_b.jpg

4360786380_d65e3655c5_b.jpg

4360043393_1342f96aac_b.jpg

4360783668_eb4c3d8a25_b.jpg

Although very similar images. I personally like the 3rd one the best. The reflections are present in the both the car and the building, but without much of the distracting yellow lines. Nicely done.

Well since the majority of the photos I take are of vehicles and at car shows.I feel the pictures are VERY clean in exposure and turned out great...its not a picture that screams out to the person and grabs your attention.Just think it blends in to that backgrop to well to show of the elegance of the BMW..but thats me...but all in all great pics

4 is the best in my book. Most of your shots cut the car off in an apparently random way. I mean you could have a purpose for cutting the car off where you did, but to me they look kinda random or accidental.

Now with number 4, you have the whole car in the shot, it is positioned well in the frame, and nothing is reflected in the paint. Also, the way you have the car positioned the light hitting it and the horizon in the reflection really enhance the cars body lines.

The only improvements I can recommend for number 4 is that you remove that yellow stripe right there at the front bumper. Otherwise I like that shot.

Nice work.

Numbers 2 and 7 are my favorites. The building is an excellent background for that particular car and car color....it just looks BMW-ish.

4 is the best in my book. Most of your shots cut the car off in an apparently random way. I mean you could have a purpose for cutting the car off where you did, but to me they look kinda random or accidental.

Now with number 4, you have the whole car in the shot, it is positioned well in the frame, and nothing is reflected in the paint. Also, the way you have the car positioned the light hitting it and the horizon in the reflection really enhance the cars body lines.

The only improvements I can recommend for number 4 is that you remove that yellow stripe right there at the front bumper. Otherwise I like that shot.

Nice work.

thanks for the comments,

there is about 20 shot overall and i did cut the car in some of these shots,
my favorites where the ones where i did cut the car for some reason.
it was around 8 PM and the sun was close to horizon making the reflection really nice.

i will try to remove the yellow line and post it later to see the result.

to tell you the truth i'm not really interested in the D60, it's the lens i wanna know more about. i don't care if you shot it with a disposable camera or a 1D.. the lens is really everything..

i think you should get at least one flash if not two to make a car shot worth remembering.. especially indoors in a garage.. but no worries, in daylight you could pull of a cover shot with one flash - easy. just buy a car magazine and see the light, composition and background. 3 basic and most important elements.

to tell you the truth i'm not really interested in the D60, it's the lens i wanna know more about. i don't care if you shot it with a disposable camera or a 1D.. the lens is really everything..

i think you should get at least one flash if not two to make a car shot worth remembering.. especially indoors in a garage.. but no worries, in daylight you could pull of a cover shot with one flash - easy. just buy a car magazine and see the light, composition and background. 3 basic and most important elements.

i got 2 sb-600 and 2 strobe since. i will definetly use a light setup next time.

i was using a 18-55mm vr lens. the d60 kit lens

I thin number 6 isnt good (it seems very soft)

I really like the others ! They are sharp and the composition is perfect for the car.

PS : Get bigger wheels hehehe

I like #2, the building is a great backdrop and the full view of the car is still in the frame. Good perspective on the shot as well.

Most reactions

Back