my first day of dSLR CC please!

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi! today i got my first dSLR ever it is a OLYMPUS EVOLT E-510 Black 10.0 MP 2.5" 230K LCD Digital SLR Camera w/ ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Lense

I went out around my college campus with a friend's 50mm lens with no zoom ( im a newbie i dont know correct lens terminology!)
Here are some pics.

IMG_9221.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

IMG_9247.jpg

IMG_9255.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

IMG_9259.jpg

IMG_9265.jpg

comments are welcome! i want to learn more about all this!

P.S. Will the zoom lens that came with my e-510 be able to do this same kind of pictures that i made here? i.e. some closeups but mostly to blur everything but the subject?

Most of them do nothing for me except for the flower, great bokeh on the flower for sure. :thumbup:

For next time, Less pictures for C&C.

Most 50mm lenses produce great bokeh, im assuming your 14-42 will not be as good at bokeh but I dont know anything about zuiko.

Good Work. :thumbup:

ok ill keep that in mind thanks. whats bokeh?

"Bokeh" is a term used to describe the out of focus elements of a picture, that is, how your lens renders the unfocused area. It can be a hard geometric shape, or a soft amorphous one. The primary factor in determining what sort of bokeh your lens produces is the number of blades and shape of the aperture. the focal length and and quality of the lens also have an affect.

look into composition basics such as rule of thirds, leading lines, triangles and so on. while its ok to break the "rules", you need to know them before breaking them

Those are great photos. I've been using a DSLR for 5 years and I think you take better pictures hahaha I always use my automatic mode, though. Great job!

The flower one is a great shot

ive had a dslr for 2 days now. thanks guys. yeah automatic mode is garbage IMO. I usually use program mode or aperture priority for closer bokeh pics. Im such a newbie i need to learn more!. That was all done on a 50 mm 1.8 lens i borrowed from a friend. I am thinking of getting a 50 mm 1.8 non digital lens and adapter but then apparently i lose program mode and priority mode, not to mention AF

Most reactions

Back